North Carolina 2-2

greghammel

And the only thing keeping them that good is because they have Harrison Barnes... I think we would be undefeated if he was with us. I like it! Kind of wondering why UNC got the ranking anyway... they were horrible last year and lost ~8 players from that team. I think Roy may be losing it.
Remember last year at the beginning of the year when he had a fan booted from the game for no good reason? That was a sign he was getting old. I am not joking or being silly. I think Roy has lost his edge. He keeps getting great recruits and losing. He surely isn't what he once was.

And the only thing keeping them that good is because they have Harrison Barnes... I think we would be undefeated if he was with us. I like it! Kind of wondering why UNC got the ranking anyway... they were horrible last year and lost ~8 players from that team. I think Roy may be losing it.
Remember last year at the beginning of the year when he had a fan booted from the game for no good reason? That was a sign he was getting old. I am not joking or being silly. I think Roy has lost his edge. He keeps getting great recruits and losing. He surely isn't what he once was.
It sounded like his 0-15 against Minnesota is really helping!! Harrison will definatley get his shots in no matter how he is playing.

It sounded like his 0-15 against Minnesota is really helping!! Harrison will definatley get his shots in no matter how he is playing.

No need to take shots at Harrison. If you are calling him selfish, I am going to assume you have never seen him play. Ever. He is one of the most unselfish players that I have ever seen play the game. He could have averaged 50 a game in high school, but he is a team player.

Every time I think I've read the most preposterous thing every on HawkeyeNation, it gets topped. You're talking about a guy who won a national title 19 months ago, has been to three Final Fours in the past six years, recently signed the consensus #1 recruit in the country, and you've written him off after four games. If Roy Williams doesn't have an edge, who does?

Every time I think I've read the most preposterous thing every on HawkeyeNation, it gets topped. You're talking about a guy who won a national title 19 months ago, has been to three Final Fours in the past six years, recently signed the consensus #1 recruit in the country, and you've written him off after four games. If Roy Williams doesn't have an edge, who does?

It is comical around here these days, isn't it?! We need to start our own site.

It is comical around here these days, isn't it?! We need to start our own site.

Please do, and take your and the OP's man-love for Harrison Barnes with you. He's not a Hawkeye. Was never going to be one. Didn't even bat an eyelash towards Iowa City. It baffles me why he continues to hold such a spell over some of you on a Hawkeye Basketball forum.

Please do, and take your and the OP's man-love for Harrison Barnes with you. He's not a Hawkeye. Was never going to be one. Didn't even bat an eyelash towards Iowa City. It baffles me why he continues to hold such a spell over some of you on a Hawkeye Basketball forum.

It is hardly man love. If I were in Harrison's shoes I would not have even accepted a phone call from Todd Lickliter. You REALLY think he should have considered us with that coach and that style of play? If he was your son, would you have told him Iowa was his best fit? Give me a break. I would love to see him in black and gold as much as anyone, but let's be real, it was never going to happen.

Agreed. + 1

Why would we want to read about a player from Iowa who didn't GO to Iowa? Seriously? It's like rubbing salt in the wound. Shut up already.

It is hardly man love. If I were in Harrison's shoes I would not have even accepted a phone call from Todd Lickliter. You REALLY think he should have considered us with that coach and that style of play? If he was your son, would you have told him Iowa was his best fit? Give me a break. I would love to see him in black and gold as much as anyone, but let's be real, it was never going to happen.

So why post about him on a Hawkeye message board?

You make my point.

Why is there a Taylor Martinez thread on a Hawkeye board? Why do people talk Nascar, or the NBA, or the NFL? Why were there Zambrano, Piniella, and Pujols threads this summer? Because this is a site for Hawkeye fans to talk about whatever they want to talk about. Sounds to me like you're the one that has the man love for Harrison, and you're like a jilted lover because he spurned your team. If people are talking about something that you don't want to talk about, here's an idea: STAY AWAY FROM THE THREAD!!!

I will step down from the soapbox now

You make my point.

I will go on record as saying if they aren't Hawkeyes I could care less about how they are doing whether they are from the state of Iowa or not. I only care about our players not former Iowa high school kids.

UNC won the national title in 2009.

Another year or two of struggles and I'd have to wonder if he's slipped a bit, but with the recruiting class they pulled in this year (Barnes, and a couple of other top-5 recruits I thought), I'm not convinced that one NIT year and a couple early losses this year means Roy is washed up.

Wow greghammel he just recently won a national championship just because you get the top recruits doesnt always mean you should win every national championship there are down years....usually teams that have a lot of college basketball experience win with seniors on there team... you have to have good team chemistry to win
Roy williams is one of the greatest basketball coaches ever!

You make my point.

I did not make the original post. If I did it would have been in the "off topic" forum. Either way I do not understand why you are all bent out of shape. As a high school basketball coach and supporter, I think it is interesting watching how Iowa high schoolers do in college.

Wow greghammel he just recently won a national championship just because you get the top recruits doesnt always mean you should win every national championship there are down years....usually teams that have a lot of college basketball experience win with seniors on there team... you have to have good team chemistry to win
Roy williams is one of the greatest basketball coaches ever!

Also, didn't Roy Williams have a couple of "down" years at Kansas in the late 90's when we beat them 2 years in a row? That would have been Davis' last team, and Alford's first team. Yeah, I think KU made the NCAA's both of those years, but they were definitely quite a bit down from what they normally were. Williams won both of his national titles after that point. So it's pretty obvious he wasn't losing it back then, and I doubt he is now, either.

Even the elite programs can have a down year or two every so often.

There is no reason anyone should bash on barnes...he is better than anyone we have plus if he wasn't at UNC he'd be at ISU and Iowa would get beat worse than they already are going to ....if anything we should thank him

Latest posts