North Carolina 2-2

And Brett Favre was a great QB just last year... stick a fork in him too. Just because you were good once upon a time doesn't mean you will always be... tick tock... the clock keeps on moving and it don't stop even for greatness.
Some of us could have coached those teams he had and looked great on the sidelines. Mark my words... he lost his edge on this day...
Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome - The Dagger - NCAAB - Yahoo! Sports
The beginning of the end for a once great coach.

Not bashing on Barnes... he was filled with sugar plumbs and dancing fairies into mambi pambi land. How many great coaches can make the top recruits in the nation look this bad? Not too many. Barnes looks horrible in baby blue btw.

Please do, and take your and the OP's man-love for Harrison Barnes with you. He's not a Hawkeye. Was never going to be one. Didn't even bat an eyelash towards Iowa City. It baffles me why he continues to hold such a spell over some of you on a Hawkeye Basketball forum.

Tweeterhawk, my god man. Put the baton and riot shield down. People are going to talk about Barnes. And it's not going to stay on the General College Basketball board. Now I don't follow your every post, but it seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta with the kid. I don't see you trying to kill other threads that aren't exactly in line with the forum topic.

Tweeterhawk, my god man. Put the baton and riot shield down. People are going to talk about Barnes. And it's not going to stay on the General College Basketball board. Now I don't follow your every post, but it seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta with the kid. I don't see you trying to kill other threads that aren't exactly in line with the forum topic.

I don't know Harrison Barnes. I'm sure he's a fine young man and a tremendous athlete. I'm also pretty sure he's not a Hawkeye. Tell you what: I won't mention him in this forum if no one else does.

And Brett Favre was a great QB just last year... stick a fork in him too. Just because you were good once upon a time doesn't mean you will always be... tick tock... the clock keeps on moving and it don't stop even for greatness.
Some of us could have coached those teams he had and looked great on the sidelines. Mark my words... he lost his edge on this day...
Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome - The Dagger - NCAAB - Yahoo! Sports
The beginning of the end for a once great coach.

Where to start with this post... Wow. Nevermind. I supposed Coach K is not a good coach anymore either? I mean, some of us could have coached those teams he had and looked great on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

Every time I think I've read the most preposterous thing every on HawkeyeNation, it gets topped. You're talking about a guy who won a national title 19 months ago, has been to three Final Fours in the past six years, recently signed the consensus #1 recruit in the country, and you've written him off after four games. If Roy Williams doesn't have an edge, who does?

Coach K:p

that being said, I hate Duke more now then I ever had - for some reason if you meet the average Duke Student you want to punch them in the face (never knew how stupid a "smart kid" could be) but that is just an over generalization of course.

If Roy Williams can't get it done, UNC is between a rock and a hard place. Absolutely NO excuse for having that kind of talent and being that mediocre. It's like Mac Brown at Texas. Just shows you how much coaching drops off, even at big time programs.

If Roy Williams can't get it done, UNC is between a rock and a hard place. Absolutely NO excuse for having that kind of talent and being that mediocre. It's like Mac Brown at Texas. Just shows you how much coaching drops off, even at big time programs.

It is FOUR games!!!

It is FOUR games!!!

Yeah and look what happened last year. I know they have some younger guys, but being ranked in the top 10, you typically don't expect to be 2-2 at this point. They could win the rest of their games and look dominating, but I find it funny that they're on the second year of disappointment....so far.

North Carolina has a glaring hole at pg. This is one of the main reasons they struggled last year too. I don't see them being able to fix this during the season. They will be a solid top 25 time by the end of the year, too much talent on the wing and up front, even if they are soft, but they won't be an elite team this year. All of Williams good teams have had a terrific point guard (Vaughn, Hinrich, Felton, Lawson). He's missed on a couple big time pg's the last couple years, which has really hurt him.

Coach K went through the same thing during the Greg Paulus he bounced back and is absolutely loaded at guard now and will be for the next few years, Williams will have UNC back soon, but probably not this year.

As I sit here listening to the Illinois fans chant over-rated to UNC... I go back to this day... Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome - The Dagger - NCAAB - Yahoo! Sports

Roy Williams was coming off an NCAA Championship the previous year and had just beaten Ohio State and Michigan State early in the year... but then something very odd happened... a fan was kicked out of the Dean Dome for what? For heckling? What did he say? I was watching the game and he seemed like an educated guy who wasn't taunting. But what did he say? Whatever it was ruined North Carolina... Since the day Roy "lost it" he has gone 16-18 with the nations top recruits.
This goes beyond basketball... he is done, something is wrong. He will not make it through this season.

As I sit here listening to the Illinois fans chant over-rated to UNC... I go back to this day... Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome - The Dagger - NCAAB - Yahoo! Sports

Roy Williams was coming off an NCAA Championship the previous year and had just beaten Ohio State and Michigan State early in the year... but then something very odd happened... a fan was kicked out of the Dean Dome for what? For heckling? What did he say? I was watching the game and he seemed like an educated guy who wasn't taunting. But what did he say? Whatever it was ruined North Carolina... Since the day Roy "lost it" he has gone 16-18 with the nations top recruits.
This goes beyond basketball... he is done, something is wrong. He will not make it through this season.

The article states the fan yelled... "Hey Deon, don't miss it!" But we all know you don't get kicked out of a game for that. Even so... to let a fan bother you means many other things are bothering you. It won't be long until the media picks up on the beginning of the end and takes a better look at that day.

They are chanting "overrated" at Barnes, not North Carolina(they do it whenever he touches the ball). North Carolina isn't ranked. How could they be overrated. :)

Yes, I hear you on that... every year UNC starts in the Top 10... no matter what. I was just looking at Roy on the bottom right of my screen while the Illinois fans were chanting various things and he was about as Red as Cornhusker. His health is going to be a concern here soon due to the inability to meet the expectations at UNC. All it will take is one blowout at home and his own fans to start heckling and BOOM Ambulance, hospital, and some bench coach will now be the head coach for a losing UNC team led by Harrison Barnes... crazy.

Latest posts