Nobody but Gatens should be allowed to shoot...

Bohawk

in second half. Unreal...what the heck is Gatens shooting percentage compared to the rest of the team in the first half?

in second half. Unreal...what the heck is Gatens shooting percentage compared to the rest of the team in the first half?

No kidding.. What is marble's shooting percentage the last 3 games. He has done a fine job filling a need this year but we are in trouble next year if he is our starting pg.

Also, who will be able to make 3's next year? Oglesby hopefully but who else?

No kidding.. What is marble's shooting percentage the last 3 games. He has done a fine job filling a need this year but we are in trouble next year if he is our starting pg.

Also, who will be able to make 3's next year? Oglesby hopefully but who else?

Gessell, White, McCabe.

Gatens 5-7 and 4-4
Rest of team 3-20 and 0-7

Gatens 71.4% and 100%
Rest of team 15% and 0%

Ogelsby is the worst supposed "shooter" Ive ever seen...where did he get this reputation because I havent seen it all year?

At least when May shoots I know its a brick but when Ogelsby shoots I have hope because of his rep as a great shooter

Ridiculous, this should be much closer. Gatens can hit from anywhere with a guy all over him and the rest of the team can't make a freaking wide open shot. Frustrating to watch. If it continues Illinois could blow this wide open. Come on Hawks.

Ogelsby is the worst supposed "shooter" Ive ever seen...where did he get this reputation because I havent seen it all year?

At least when May shoots I know its a brick but when Ogelsby shoots I have hope because of his rep as a great shooter

Yeah, that's pretty much a given.

lol...Spot on. I've been wondering what JO brings. Apparently, not much.

Ogelsby is the worst supposed "shooter" Ive ever seen...where did he get this reputation because I havent seen it all year?At least when May shoots I know its a brick but when Ogelsby shoots I have hope because of his rep as a great shooter
lol...Spot on. I've been wondering what JO brings. Apparently, not much.

He's a freaking true freshman, give him a break. He can shoot, just wasn't his day.

JO has a rep for a reason its not just oh this guy lets give him a rep as a shooter did anyone even see this kid play in high school i think he is a great shooter he'll come around!

Is this the "Marble sucks" group from last season, just picking on another true freshman who will supposedly never develop because he's not great right now?

Oglesby did a decent job in the second half, but we wasted most of the first half stuck in neutral. How can Gatens draw a double team every time he touches the ball, yet we can't get anybody open? I would rather see missed shots than no shots and awful turnovers from guys trying to force stuff where there isn't anything.

I thought oglesby had a really good all around game. His shooting from three will come.

He actually played really well, he takes a few shots a game that make me wonder, but I will take that over players passing up every shot when it matters.

Oglesby has a great mid-range game and I would expect to see Fran run a lot of that action for him next season. His three-ball is not as bad as what people want to make out, he can shoot.

This kid is a freshman and is a very, very smart basketball player and should start next year, he has done nothing for me to think he can't be a starter.

He can take people off of the dribble, he did that some today, he isn't having two or three screens set for him to do so, really take a look at what he is doing. Just because his reputation proceeds him and he isn't shooting 50%; it doesn't mean he can't shoot.

Agree that Oglesby is a smart player and has a nice mid range game, but defensively I don't think he is going to start over Ingram or Clemmons. This isn't a knock on Oglesby, but his game lacks the ability to play in your face D and finish at the rim and both Ingram and Clemons can. He will be a good catch and shoot guy and do what Gatens has done this year by curling off picks in the lane and popping jumpers.

Ogslby shooting .347 pretty good for a frosh. Gatens shot worse then that as a soph and junior. Get a clue people

Ogslby shooting .347 pretty good for a frosh. Gatens shot worse then that as a soph and junior. Get a clue people

Most of his makes are off the dribble...my only point is we have yet to see him knock down many open shots as a stand still shooter.

I think he will be a good player but he is not the knock down shooter he has been made out to be so far

Latest posts