Nobody but Gatens should be allowed to shoot...

Most of his makes are off the dribble...my only point is we have yet to see him knock down many open shots as a stand still shooter.

I think he will be a good player but he is not the knock down shooter he has been made out to be so far

He's a true freshman, he's shown flashes. He'll be a great shooter. And his D is very underrated on this board anyway. He can D it up. He showed a lot today.

Most of his makes are off the dribble...my only point is we have yet to see him knock down many open shots as a stand still shooter.

I think he will be a good player but he is not the knock down shooter he has been made out to be so far
He's still shooting over 34% from behind the arc. That's not too bad for a frosh.

He actually played really well, he takes a few shots a game that make me wonder, but I will take that over players passing up every shot when it matters.

Oglesby has a great mid-range game and I would expect to see Fran run a lot of that action for him next season. His three-ball is not as bad as what people want to make out, he can shoot.

This kid is a freshman and is a very, very smart basketball player and should start next year, he has done nothing for me to think he can't be a starter.

He can take people off of the dribble, he did that some today, he isn't having two or three screens set for him to do so, really take a look at what he is doing. Just because his reputation proceeds him and he isn't shooting 50%; it doesn't mean he can't shoot.

He played the pick n roll really well actually. Got a couple nice easy looks where he forced the help man to choose the roller by threatening the pass with his eyes. Haven't seen anyone else on this team demonstrate that level of savvy.

You can see the smarts and the feel for the game are there he just needs to get better physically.

He's still shooting over 34% from behind the arc. That's not too bad for a frosh.

I'm not worried about Oglesby's shot. As you said, 34% is not bad for a freshman. He has shown flashes.

I also remember Jeff Horner being recruited as a great shooter, and he also struggled from 3 his freshman season, and then turned it on as a soph:
Jeff Horner Stats, Bio - ESPN

I don't think it's unusual to see good shooters struggle a little with their shot as freshmen in the Big Ten.

02-26-2012 10:50 PMEddyP
Quote:
Originally Posted by busabus114

He's a true freshman, he's shown flashes. He'll be a great shooter. And his D is very underrated on this board anyway. He can D it up. He showed a lot today.

Thank you Eddy. I was surprised to see no one had mentioned Oglesbys D. He is a lock down defender. He rarely bites on a pump fake and always has his hand in the face when they shoot. Very smooth defensive slide that makes it tough to get around him. Once his shot comes around, people will be glad he didn't go anywhere else.

Latest posts