No Surprise

I have not been impressed with Okeefe's QB results.
Other schools QBs advance more from year to year. Most never learn to recognize pressure and step up into the pocket, strong tendencies to overthrow, etc. QB's are taught to throw short and should have high completion rates, instead we are excited when one hits 60%.

Other schools QBs advance more from year to year. Most never learn to recognize pressure and step up into the pocket, strong tendencies to overthrow, etc. QB's are taught to throw short and should have high completion rates, instead we are excited when one hits 60%.
Not a hard and fast rule by any means. Lincoln Riley the QB whisperer and Spencer Rattler for example.

Been saying this for years. Name a QB who improved dramatically throughout their career under KOK?

This line is telling and true "Iowa wasted a terrific defense." That's gotta really pizz off Phil Parker and the defensive players that put so much into it.

Also very telling, is the Ruger's OC beat BF by 2 spots! LMFAO!

I dont think Phil Parker is that type of teammate or coach. He knows how hard football is, to get 11 guys coordinated down after down. He knows the offense is trying hard and he may not say it but as a defensive guru he could probably have some interesting ideas to give to the offensive side about attacking defenses.

Same goes for the defensive players who react much more than offensive players once the ball is snapped. They are teammates and they know that the offense came through well enough to win 10 games so far.

Everyone around Iowa football knows, as do the fans, that just another 5-8 first downs a game, more TDs in the red zone, and another 100 yards a game could have really put the hawks close to 13-0. And very likely 12-0 or 11-1 regular season West champs. What is 5 or 6 first downs a game besides catching a few critical passes (and they had plenty of incompletions in these situations), making a few short 3rd down down runs, not having so many TFL in the running game.

And I hate to say it but it is execution on offense as well as play calling trickery, surprises, and counter moves. Let's see if in the bowl and next year more passes are on target, receivers catch more of those balls, the OLine and running backs can be much better get 1 yard more per rush with less TFL.

I think it was the opposite actually.

What got Frost into trouble was taking all of his low-rent coaching buddies with him from UCF and Oregon, and refusing to fire them until Alberts forced him to.
Maybe so, but I'm expecting the same results. I did immediately criticize anyone who thought a guy with two years in the AAC would have success in the Big Ten (Who brought exactly one assistant with any connection to the Big Ten year one) I just don't think there's any patching the holes in that boat.

I dont think Phil Parker is that type of teammate or coach. He knows how hard football is, to get 11 guys coordinated down after down. He knows the offense is trying hard and he may not say it but as a defensive guru he could probably have some interesting ideas to give to the offensive side about attacking defenses.

Same goes for the defensive players who react much more than offensive players once the ball is snapped. They are teammates and they know that the offense came through well enough to win 10 games so far.

Everyone around Iowa football knows, as do the fans, that just another 5-8 first downs a game, more TDs in the red zone, and another 100 yards a game could have really put the hawks close to 13-0. And very likely 12-0 or 11-1 regular season West champs. What is 5 or 6 first downs a game besides catching a few critical passes (and they had plenty of incompletions in these situations), making a few short 3rd down down runs, not having so many TFL in the running game.

And I hate to say it but it is execution on offense as well as play calling trickery, surprises, and counter moves. Let's see if in the bowl and next year more passes are on target, receivers catch more of those balls, the OLine and running backs can be much better get 1 yard more per rush with less TFL.

You could say above about any team. Of course, any team with half dozen more 3rd down conversions, 100 extra yds a game and more TD's would probably win.

What doesn't seem to change is that Iowa ANNUALLY is in the bottom 3rd of the BIG in offense. This isn't a one year wonder statement or point. It is every year.