No Surprise

13. Brian Ferentz (Iowa)​

Iowa had a championship-level defense and a toilet-bowl offense. That falls on Ferentz. The Hawkeyes didn’t top 400 yards of offense in their last 8 games, with a 3-point outing against Michigan as the final failure in a dismal second half of the season. Iowa wasted a terrific defense. The Hawkeyes would be wise to explore other options in 2022.

Iowa had a championship-level defense and a toilet-bowl offense. That falls on Ferentz. The Hawkeyes didn’t top 400 yards of offense in their last 8 games, with a 3-point outing against Michigan as the final failure in a dismal second half of the season. Iowa wasted a terrific defense. The Hawkeyes would be wise to explore other options in 2022.

Damn.

Pretty spot on analysis, for almost every team. Not a Hawk fan but giving a honest unbiased appraisal. Well I'm sure bonus money will still be awarded.

Which one? The idiot who wrote this article doesn’t know a thing about this team. Anyone who thinks a new OC is a quick fix is clueless.

The only major change I could see the head coach making is having KOK "retire" and then going out to hire a QB coach/passing game coordinator/co-OC.

Should that move happen, I will throw Rod Carey out as a possible hire, especially if it could be pitched to Carey as an opportunity to compete as Ferentz's successor. IIRC, Copeland coaches under him at NIU.

Next year's schedule is just brutal (even @Rutgers won't be a layup), but in theory both lines should be better. The d line in particular has a chance to be really good and go 10+ people deep if Jones, Hurkett, and Graves can contribute behind Evans, Shannon, Lee, Van Ness, Black, Waggoner, and Craig.

Sad statement about the state of Iowa football, or the perfect compilation of Great D and STs and major love from the boosters to KF.

"Let my nephew punt for you and your son can be OC as long as you want him to be."

This line is telling and true "Iowa wasted a terrific defense." That's gotta really pizz off Phil Parker and the defensive players that put so much into it.

Also very telling, is the Ruger's OC beat BF by 2 spots! LMFAO!

This line is telling and true "Iowa wasted a terrific defense." That's gotta really pizz off Phil Parker and the defensive players that put so much into it.

Also very telling, is the Ruger's OC beat BF by 2 spots! LMFAO!
Nebraska's OC was 6.
And he was fired midseason.

Latest posts