Moss
Wieskamp
Cook
Garza

Baer
McCaffery
Kriener
Dailey

Replace 2 of the starters with the appropriate sub and use the other 2 bench guys to fill out the 7 man rotation. Iowa can (and has) played 15 or 20 minutes a game in this situation with no drop off.

Depth isn’t a must every game. Good 3 point shooting, free throw shooting or rebounding aren’t a must every game either. But it’s one of many tools in the tool box.

Few teams will be a championship, or reach a championship game, without at least one close call/lucky escape. The examples are too numerous to mention but I will present Christian Laettner and Illinois 2005 comeback against Lute and Arizona as two examples.

And then, there's Villanova last year. :)

Loyola-Ill, Texas Tech, FSU and KSU... had to look that up... no.... this round of 8 jibberish not true. Michigan made it to the Championship by playing a very fortunate bracket. They were not much better than Iowa.

Sure, people are going to remember the sixteen teams before they remember the elite eight.

Now you know why! Whoever the asshole was who said we would break Marylands streak on losses vs ranked teams......go throw your ass over the.highest bridge in 5 states. Never ever talk that shit

With respect to Louisville he is wrong that wouldn't be! You think if Iowa hosted Duke they could hang within 2 of them? :cool: Louisville has also beat MSU (who we have 2 losses against) and won at North Carolina. So for him to say Iowa should easily be ahead of Louisville is well IMO Stupid..

He said the argument could be made since Iowa has beaten 2 alike opponents - I don't think many teams can hang with Duke on a neutral court, they will be overwhelmingly the favorite to win it all this season.

Bohannon
Moss
Wieskamp
Cook
Garza

Baer
McCaffery
Kriener
Dailey

Replace 2 of the starters with the appropriate sub and use the other 2 bench guys to fill out the 7 man rotation. Iowa can (and has) played 15 or 20 minutes a game in this situation with no drop off.

Depth isn’t a must every game. Good 3 point shooting, free throw shooting or rebounding aren’t a must every game either. But it’s one of many tools in the tool box.
Back to the depth conversation...

Starters vs. MD - 10/41 = 24.4%

Bench vs. MD - 9/17 = 52.9%

We had a chance in this game thanks to our bench/depth.

Baer 3/6
Kriener 2/3...won’t talk about that miss
McCaffery 2/3
Dailey 2/5

So it’s not like one guy was on fire skewing the data.

I don't know about you guys, but I still experience poll movement pretty much every day, usually in the very early morning. Not sure why the Hawks can't get any.

Lucky you.

1766224_1437744696.jpg