No joke, KOK needs to go.

maybe its time to bring firekok.com back. or fireferentz.com maybe.

I hope you are joking. I just said in another post that the weaknesses of our coaching staff cause our teams to underachieve every year. However, KF has had a consistently solid program.

KF does not want Coordinators with aspirations to be Head Coaches either. Probably, because he saw what happened when Barry Alvarez left our program and pillaged our other coaches and our recruiting pipelines. We never recovered from that until KF got here.

We underachieve every year with the players we have, but KF is striving to have a consistently solid program. Replacing/losing experienced coordinators can be dangerous to a program.

I hope you are joking. I just said in another post that the weaknesses of our coaching staff cause our teams to underachieve every year. However, KF has had a consistently solid program.

KF does not want Coordinators with aspirations to be Head Coaches either. Probably, because he saw what happened when Barry Alvarez left our program and pillaged our other coaches and our recruiting pipelines. We never recovered from that until KF got here.

We underachieve every year with the players we have, but KF is striving to have a consistently solid program. Replacing/losing experienced coordinators can be dangerous to a program.

How can you support a coach that you say has consistently underachieving teams? Do you thrive on disappointment?

This it the absolute dumbest argument you could attempt to make. It's not our job to be the offensive coordinator. We don't get paid for it. But there a lot of people who are offensive coordinators, and who could and do do better. I could probably send a list of those people to Gary Barta.

I assume you never criticize anyone for doing there job poorly unless your an expert at the job as well? You wouldn't criticize a plumber if he left a leaky pipe in your house, unless you were better at plumbing than he was?

The plumber has a specific set of instructions of how to fix a leaky pipe. You are seriously comparing the abilities to win as a coach or a coordinator to a person who is in FULL control of their craft? As a coach or a coordinator, you have to remember that there is another coach and another coordinator trying to fully work against you. I don't think the leaky pipe is going to be amped up to continue to leak against the plumber.

But I guess as an expert on who you would promote as a great OC to Gary Barta you should give yourself a pat on the back today because you have the answer to fixing all problems with the Hawkeye football program. Once you give Barta the said list, Iowa should and will go without a loss for what, 25 years?

If I owa would have gotten blown out like Wisky did to UI today, you would have called for KOK's neck, we lost a close one today, once again calling for KOK's neck. You sound like a sore loser to me with all the answers.

Last edited:
How can you support a coach that you say has consistently underachieving teams? Do you thrive on disappointment?

Easy. KF's underachieving teams have still gotten us into the National spotlight and Big Ten contenders in most years. I saw what happened to Iowa Basketball when Tom Davis getting us only one win in the NCAA tournament was no longer good enough for some fans.

It's the argument of the intellectually lazy.

You must be one of those perfectionists that doesn't allow any failures in your life. We lost, quit crying, enjoy Iowa/Ohio State next week.

I guess the intellectual response would be to throw everyone under the bus and call out our players and coaches as the worst in the country. You are right, my bad.

Last edited:
Easy. KF's underachieving teams have still gotten us into the National spotlight and Big Ten contenders in most years. I saw what happened to Iowa Basketball when Tom Davis getting us only one win in the NCAA tournament was no longer good enough for some fans.

Agree +1

The plumber has a specific set of instructions of how to fix a leaky pipe. You are seriously comparing the abilities to win as a coach or a coordinator to a person who is in FULL control of their craft? As a coach or a coordinator, you have to remember that there is another coach and another coordinator trying to fully work against you. I don't think the leaky pipe is going to be amped up to continue to leak against the plumber.

But I guess as an expert on who you would promote as a great OC to Gary Barta you should give yourself a pat on the back today because you have the answer to fixing all problems with the Hawkeye football program. Once you give Barta the said list, Iowa should and will go without a loss for what, 25 years?

If I owa would have gotten blown out like Wisky did to UI today, you would have called for KOK's neck, we lost a close one today, once again calling for KOK's neck. You sound like a sore loser to me with all the answers.

So you have never thought a football coach at any level should be fired, ever?

And you considered those teams to be underachievers??? This is quite amazing. If I had a staff of underachievers where I worked, and we constantly missed deadlines or goals, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be patting them on the back saying, "Well at least people talked about us...and our blunders."

Very good point, guess I'll back off a bit.

There's 20 seconds I'll never get back.

Very good point, guess I'll back off a bit.

How was it a good point? If he says that Iowa's teams have overachieved throughout Ferentz's era, maybe I'll buy it. But to clearly state that they underachieve every year tells me that changes need to be made.

So you have never thought a football coach at any level should be fired, ever?

Not saying that at all. What I am saying is that this coaching squad has done some pretty good things for Iowa and the kids that play the game for us. We are still a ranked school with National attention (maybe not National Championship attention), but positive attention none-the-less. Only 25 schools get ranked, and I just can't see throwing away a coaching staff that consistently puts us in the top 25 and Bowl games.

As much as I love the Hawks and KF, these guys are employed by the University which makes them a State employee, so yes, whether they win or lose I think I have the right to post if I'm unhappy with their performance. Just like my daily job, I still may get all my work done that I'm assigned for the day, but if I do it poorly and make mistakes by boss will give me an unsatisfactory evaluation on my performance.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Hawks and KF, these guys are employed by the University which makes them a State employee, so yes, whether they win or loose I think I have the right to post if I'm unhappy with their performance. Just like my daily job, I still may get all my work done that I'm assigned for the day, but if I do it poorly and make mistakes by boss will give me an unsatisfactory evaluation on my performance.

You have a valid point as you do have a voice. They are state employees no doubt and as a tax payer feel free to voice your opinion.

Fans called for KOK's firing after Arizona, Wisky, and now NW losses, even when KOK's offense wins and pulls it out, some are not happy. So, my question is this, what will make fans happy after all?

Iowa has never and probably will never be one of those teams that hangs 50 points week in and week out or blows teams out by 30. It is my speculation that the only way to make some fans happy with KOK is if he adopted Oregon's approach to games, but the fact remains, it needs to line up with KF gametime strategy.

KF, KOK, and Norm are not going anywhere else, simply put anytime soon unless it is their choice.

You have a valid point as you do have a voice. They are state employees no doubt and as a tax payer feel free to voice your opinion.

Fans called for KOK's firing after Arizona, Wisky, and now NW losses, even when KOK's offense wins and pulls it out, some are not happy. So, my question is this, what will make fans happy after all?

Iowa has never and probably will never be one of those teams that hangs 50 points week in and week out or blows teams out by 30. It is my speculation that the only way to make some fans happy with KOK is if he adopted Oregon's approach to games, but the fact remains, it needs to line up with KF gametime strategy.

KF, KOK, and Norm are not going anywhere else, simply put anytime soon unless it is their choice.

I think 99% of everyone on here knows they are not going anywhere anytime soon but thats the entire point, when you know you have job security no matter what happens you may tend to get complacent or too comfortable doing the same thing over an over.

And you considered those teams to be underachievers??? This is quite amazing. If I had a staff of underachievers where I worked, and we constantly missed deadlines or goals, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be patting them on the back saying, "Well at least people talked about us...and our blunders."

You would if that staff took you from being a bottom tier program in the nation and conference to a top quintile organization. Remember where we were before KF and think about the downside risk or replacing them.

Lets pick on Morgan Stanley. They had a CEO who was very conservative but the stock was doing just fine. Everyone got mad because they were not taking enough risk with their capital. The CEO gets fired and replaced by a guy who comes out publicly and says we are going to put the firms capital at risk. two years later he is fighting to save the firm.

It all depends on what your organization is looking for. Are you willing to roll the dice at a slim shot at a National Championship and risk losing the entire program. I am not.

Latest posts