No bowl = no Kirk?

pics of daughter-in-law or stfu

and

I know you are, but what am I

edit: and

link?

If Iowa doesn't go to a bowl game this season...with this schedule...then Kirk absolutely should be fired.

But he never will be. He has a job for life.

In Kirk We Trust.

If Iowa doesn't go to a bowl game this season...with this schedule...then Kirk absolutely should be fired.

In Kirk We Trust.

It's no longer the University of Iowa. It is now known as the University of Ferentz.

In Kirk We Trust.

Let me 'splain something here. Kurt has something called a contract with the university of Iowa. If Iowa fires him prior to the conclusion of the 2020 season, it must pay him an amount equal to 75% of approximately $3.5 mm per year remaining on the contract. If he is fired without cause after this year, that would be about $20 mm (3.5 times .75 times 8). Do you have $20 mm you can send to garbar for the buyout?

Let me 'splain something here. Kurt has something called a contract with the university of Iowa. If Iowa fires him prior to the conclusion of the 2020 season, it must pay him an amount equal to 75% of approximately $3.5 mm per year remaining on the contract. If he is fired without cause after this year, that would be about $20 mm (3.5 times .75 times 8). Do you have $20 mm you can send to garbar for the buyout?

Let ME ,splain something to YOU, fake Iowa fan.....I said he has a job for life and that he won't be fired. Obviously reading comprehension is a skill you never learned.

Saying he should be fired is not the same as it actually happening.

Let ME ,splain something to YOU, fake Iowa fan.....I said he has a job for life and that he won't be fired. Obviously reading comprehension is a skill you never learned.

Saying he should be fired is not the same as it actually happening.

Look, guy, you don't fire a guy with a 20 mm payout for failing to make a bowl game in one year. That's why you're some schlub and garbar is garbar.

This thread sounds a lot like the folks who were calling for Tom Davis's head because we weren't winning Big10 championships, etc.

So we didn't renew his contract and hired the hot new coach.

How did that work out?

Yeah, not so good.

This is a ridiculous discussion.

Look, guy, you don't fire a guy with a 20 mm payout for failing to make a bowl game in one year. That's why you're some schlub and garbar is garbar.

I said he wouldn't be fired. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Your blather about the contract buyout is irrelevent because...as I said...Kirk WON'T be fired. You are just making yourself look even more foolish than you already are.

Me saying he should be fired (if no bowl) is purely an opinion, and has no bearing on what Barta would or would not do.

Try to keep up.

I said he wouldn't be fired. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Your blather about the contract buyout is irrelevent because...as I said...Kirk WON'T be fired. You are just making yourself look even more foolish than you already are.Me saying he should be fired (if no bowl) is purely an opinion, and has no bearing on what Barta would or would not do. Try to keep up.

dude, you are sounding stupid.

I said he wouldn't be fired. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Your blather about the contract buyout is irrelevent because...as I said...Kirk WON'T be fired. You are just making yourself look even more foolish than you already are.

Me saying he should be fired (if no bowl) is purely an opinion, and has no bearing on what Barta would or would not do.

Try to keep up.

To say he "should" be fired is to concede we "should" pay the buyout. Due to the size of the buyout, he categorically should not be fired. Got it?

I said he wouldn't be fired. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? Your blather about the contract buyout is irrelevent because...as I said...Kirk WON'T be fired. You are just making yourself look even more foolish than you already are.Me saying he should be fired (if no bowl) is purely an opinion, and has no bearing on what Barta would or would not do. Try to keep up.
To say he "should" be fired is to concede we "should" pay the buyout. Due to the size of the buyout, he categorically should not be fired. Got it?

BUT IT'S HIS OPINION AND OPINIONS CAN'T BE WRONG!!!!!

This thread sounds a lot like the folks who were calling for Tom Davis's head because we weren't winning Big10 championships, etc.

So we didn't renew his contract and hired the hot new coach.

How did that work out?

Yeah, not so good.

This is a ridiculous discussion.

At present - I agree with you. But a few more seasons of 7-5, 6-6, etc. (or worse) and it won't be such a ridiculous discussion IMO. Kirk has got to get this thing turned around or his job may not be quite as secure come 2015 or 2016.

People keep bringing up the Tom Davis thing. If/when the time comes where it looks like a change is needed, you don't continue with the same coach out of fear of doing worse.. That's a recipe for mediocrity. For the record, I don't agree that Tom Davis should have been let go. The problem though wasn't that our AD decided to make a change.. The real problem is that the subsequent hires were not the right hires (Alford & Lick). Get it right, and you'll be fine. Get it wrong (especially twice in a row), and you get what you had in the 2000's with Iowa hoops.

But, the Iowa Football program is not to the point yet of needing a change. Let's see if the program rebounds under the new coordinators. So I'm willing to give it at least 2-3 more years before I join the chorus of cat calls.

Kirk would have to have at least 3 seasons of non bowling for there to be a change. I believe that will not happen. We will go to bowl games in 2 of the 3 next years, but they will be lower tier (Insight, etc)

What I see as the main problem is recruiting. We simply do not have the athletes that top tier teams have. We do not even have the athletes that Northern I'll, Iowa St, or even Northern Iowa have. Bottom line: we are slow and uncoordinated. I hate the defeatist attitude Kirk takes on this.

Agree. A buddy of mine is from South Carolina and has no ties to ISU or Iowa. His first observation when I walked into work this morning ... ISU simply looked more athletic than Iowa. Had to agree. Watched ISU during its warmups, and of course, througout the game, and it was pretty obvious which team was more athletic. This was 1999 Iowa football -- in my opinion.

Latest posts