No bowl = no Kirk?

I think the buyout is written is his contract on a decreasing schedule. Been a while since I looked.

I think the buyout is written is his contract on a decreasing schedule. Been a while since I looked.

I can't remember where all the contracts are, but I think you might be right. It was a percentage of remaining salary, IIRC, but it would still be very high after this season.

ferentzcontract2010

Liquidated damages. Didn't review it all, but I think liquidated damages speaks to the question. Interesting way to write the buyout clause, but liquidated damages are common in Iowa construction contracts, predicated on whether an AIA, or Consensus documents.

Kirk would not be asked to leave unless he strings 3 sub 5-win seasons in a row. Or 4 6-win seasons in a rowl.

The U of I powerbrokers are long suffering with a very high tolerance for mediocrity when it comes to Iowa Football.

All he'll have to do is be 7-5. And what's interesting about 7-5 is that you can get by with being be 3-5 in conference play. In other words never beat a team with a winning record.

Thx. 75% of base and recurring payments. Those total roughly 3.5 mm per year, times .75 and times 8 (remaining years) is north of 20 mm. He's here as long as he wants to stay. His agent is a freaking genius.

I guess if we adhere to the "buck stops here" philosophy then the offensive failures are KF's and Davis. But, we cut our drops in half or better we might have won the game. Kirk and Davis aren't out there having the pigskin bounce off of their hands.

Others have stated it many times, but as long as Kinnick and the surrounding area are packed to the rafters for every home game, the powers that be will not so much as flinch at Ferrets's consistent mediocrity. The dough is rolling in, and there are no signs of a decline in football-related revenue.

Thx. 75% of base and recurring payments. Those total roughly 3.5 mm per year, times .75 and times 8 (remaining years) is north of 20 mm. He's here as long as he wants to stay. His agent is a freaking genius.

OK4P - so it looks like approx. 10.8MM present day plus the supplementals even if he isn't here (albeit without the longevity piece). Agree that his agent did a great job. Nevertheless, I think that if they really wanted to make a change it would be doable. :cool:

Others have stated it many times, but as long as Kinnick and the surrounding area are packed to the rafters for every home game, the powers that be will not so much as flinch at Ferrets's consistent mediocrity. The dough is rolling in, and there are no signs of a decline in football-related revenue.

Agreed. Our fans are pretty loyal and the football games are weekly homecomings/family reunions for lots of folks from Iowa. That will mask fan anger for a long time, but the administration needs to be careful lest we turn into Illannoy.

Agreed. Our fans are pretty loyal and the football games are weekly homecomings/family reunions for lots of folks from Iowa. That will mask fan anger for a long time, but the administration needs to be careful lest we turn into Illannoy.

I know this guy, he's wicked smott, and he says we're already parallel with illannoy, have been for a while. And it always pains me that I have no choice but to agree with him. ;):(

We'll be mediocre for years to come. We need a passionate leader. I always enjoy watching the passion of other teams coaching staffs while KF chews gum rapidly after a loss. I'm a little embarrassed to wear my IOWA gear (I do anyway) in Texas because I get a lot of sheepish grins and pity from friends and family. "Everyone" in Texas was laughing when we hired Greg Davis. I'll keep pulling for Iowa and going to games but I and many others are made to look like fools while a total lack of leadership is accepted at the U of I.

We'll be mediocre for years to come. We need a passionate leader. I always enjoy watching the passion of other teams coaching staffs while KF chews gum rapidly after a loss. I'm a little embarrassed to wear my IOWA gear (I do anyway) in Texas because I get a lot of sheepish grins and pity from friends and family. "Everyone" in Texas was laughing when we hired Greg Davis. I'll keep pulling for Iowa and going to games but I and many others are made to look like fools while a total lack of leadership is accepted at the U of I.

Maybe your should root for Nebraska then, they have a "passionate" coach.Leadership is shown in many different ways. Dressing down kids, and screaming at officials on the sidelines isn't "leadership"

Maybe your should root for Nebraska then, they have a "passionate" coach.Leadership is shown in many different ways. Dressing down kids, and screaming at officials on the sidelines isn't "leadership"

Neither is a slab of granite.

based on what you write here I gather looking foolish isnt something that bothers you.

hes a dude i know. i golf and fish with his son, and worked with his daughter in law for years.