No Big 10 scores given in Ames Saturday night

Gotcha. I didn't catch your last sentence in that response until later too.

i am agreeing with you here.

you shouldn't have to look up stats, scores, etc. on your 'smartyphone' when there is a monstrosity of a scoreboard in the stadium. Scoreboards are good for showing scores! :)

so when i hear the phone response like we did in this thread, it rubs me the wrong way, i guess. wonder how much $$ was spent on the scoreboards in kinnick and jack?

So I went to the ISU/UNI game saturday evening. did some tailgating, but had not heard of any scores from other games. knew the hawks won but was interested in the other big 10 scores as well. find my seat in the stadium and watch the game. for the next 3 1/2 hours, i keep any eye on a small scoreboard in the southwest corner of jake trice stadium, just looking for big 10 scores. the had big 12 scores, they had the lsu/oregon and boise/georgia score. no big 10 scores. zero. zilch. zip. nada. is the bitterness that deep? really? there is more to college football than what happens in ames, iowa. i know this "slight" towards the big 12 doesn't happen at kinnick. grow up isu athletic department and go hawks.
They were showing the scores of games that were currently taking place during the game not the games that had already taken place. Many of the Big 10 games took place at 11 or 2:30. JFC why don't you complain over something less ridiculous.

They were showing the scores of games that were currently taking place during the game not the games that had already taken place. Many of the Big 10 games took place at 11 or 2:30. JFC why don't you complain over something less ridiculous.

Good point. If you didn't know the scores by 6:00 when the UNI/ISU game started, you're not *that* big a fan.

grow up isu athletic department and go hawks.

Dont be a fool. Their administration put billboards up in eastern Iowa. They are the typical booger eating little brother who will soon poop his pants when their teet is cut off and money quits coming in. Wonder how much those billboards cost? I would be willing to bet that a visit to the wendel johnson speech center for Coach Rhodes and a visit to the Dental College for Follard would cost less.

I feel bad for the players but I could care less about their fans.

So I went to the ISU/UNI game saturday evening. did some tailgating, but had not heard of any scores from other games. knew the hawks won but was interested in the other big 10 scores as well. find my seat in the stadium and watch the game. for the next 3 1/2 hours, i keep any eye on a small scoreboard in the southwest corner of jake trice stadium, just looking for big 10 scores. the had big 12 scores, they had the lsu/oregon and boise/georgia score. no big 10 scores. zero. zilch. zip. nada. is the bitterness that deep? really? there is more to college football than what happens in ames, iowa. i know this "slight" towards the big 12 doesn't happen at kinnick. grow up isu athletic department and go hawks.

Did they show Big East, Pac 10 or ACC? or were those not being shown either?

Dont be a fool. Their administration put billboards up in eastern Iowa. They are the typical booger eating little brother who will soon poop his pants when their teet is cut off and money quits coming in. Wonder how much those billboards cost? I would be willing to bet that a visit to the wendel johnson speech center for Coach Rhodes and a visit to the Dental College for Follard would cost less.

I feel bad for the players but I could care less about their fans.

so did iowa put their billboard up on I-35 just south of ames because of their inferiority complex? I'm sure you have some strange rationalization as to how that is different and perfectly acceptable.

to the OP, How important do you really think you are that not only would ISU not show the Iowa game score, but scores from the entire conference. really? I mean, REALLY?

yes, it is in fact a show of solidarity from the ISU athletic department that we will stand as one fanbase against big brother iowa and those meanies in the big ten!

22408.jpg

jesus christ, get over yourself.

I don't understand some of you people. A guy, who is obviously a fellow Hawkeye fan went to the Iowa State game and made an observation while he was there. If you care to comment, don't be an a*****e about it! If you don't agree, just move on to the next thread. I don't think everyone has to be attacked contantly!

I come on these message boards to get some information on my team and to talk to and listen to fellow Hawkeye fans. Are you guys all p****s like this to everyone you meet in your life or just in a forum were you can be an anonomous internet tough guy? Just an question...anyone care to discuss?

I don't understand some of you people. A guy, who is obviously a fellow Hawkeye fan went to the Iowa State game and made an observation while he was there. If you care to comment, don't be an a*****e about it! If you don't agree, just move on to the next thread. I don't think everyone has to be attacked contantly!

I come on these message boards to get some information on my team and to talk to and listen to fellow Hawkeye fans. Are you guys all p****s like this to everyone you meet in your life or just in a forum were you can be an anonomous internet tough guy? Just an question...anyone care to discuss?

If you didn't like the replies, why didn't you just ignore them and move on? Or are you just an internet tough guy?

If he'd said: "I wish they'd show scores of Big Ten games." or "I wish they showed more scores than just the Big 12." That would be one thing. THAT is an observation.

What he did was take that observation and projected it to mean that ISU is bitter, and that they needed to grow up.

When you do that, you deserve to have people respond the way they did. Because you're being stupid and childish.

he made a wild, uneducated, accusation. people disagree with his opinion.

should a separate thread be started titled "no big ten scores at ISU/UNI game, we think it is NOT due to little brother syndrome because that would be silly and petty" ?

so did iowa put their billboard up on I-35 just south of ames because of their inferiority complex? I'm sure you have some strange rationalization as to how that is different and perfectly acceptable.

We can afford it. You can't Jamie. Don't you have work to do?

thanks for the support gohawks. i too am a big fan of college football. i enjoy seeing other scores as well. i have been to many other stadiums but only jack trice seems to block out the big 10 scores. just an observation. hey tm3308...go kick your dog.

go get a cell phone and advance past the year 1998... who gives a ****... isu is not in the Big 10, we have no care in the world to see Big 10 scores

I'm not sure if it was because they "hate the Big 10" or if it was because all of their attention was going into the scoreboard. I have been to Jack Trice a few times and they usually do a decent job updating scores.

wow, a lotta love being passed around here today. I thought the op had a good beef to point out.

Like I said, if all he had done was point out that he would have liked to see Big Ten scores, that would have been fine. But he takes that observation and ran wild with it. So they didn't show the scores. It doesn't mean that they're bitter and need to grow up.

Latest posts