NMSU head coach

Chris Jans. Born and raised in Fairbank, Iowa. One of the best coaches in the nation IMO. . Has won everywhere!
I won’t say would id like to.
But his “act” shouldn’t got him fired.
“Some” guy happen to be recording it.

College coaches do much worse. Obviously.

What scares me is Jans actually going to Iowa State because they will win. A lot. But it’ll be alright then.
I’m pretty certain his goal is to coach in Iowa at one of the state schools. Is what I’ve heard
ummm.....it doesn't sign the contracts, but those that do are supremely cognizant of what the iowa fan base will approve off.
Don't want to get too deep into it, but I was at Kirkwood for a short stint while he was there. Guy is a dickhead, but if he gets us the wins, I'm ok with it.
Wait, did I miss the thread where the Iowa HC job is open? Or Clown U’s for that matter?

Ummmmm......

Christopher Paul Jans (born April 12, 1969) is an American college basketball head coach for New Mexico State. He was hired on April 17, 2017 replacing Paul Weir[1]. Jans is a graduate of Loras College, and hails from Fairbank, Iowa.

Prior to New Mexico State, Jans was hired by Bowling Green in March 2014—his first Division I job. He led Bowling Green to its most wins in 13 years. However, on March 21—shortly after losing to Canisius in the 2nd round of the 2015 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament, a drunken Jans was seen engaging in lewd and inappropriate behavior toward women at a bar near campus. A Bowling Green alumnus recorded Jans on his cell phone, and was so outraged by what he saw that he reported the incident to school officials.[2] Following an internal investigation, Bowling Green fired Jans for violating a morals clause in his contract.

A little Larry Eustachy in the guy.

If we're looking for Iowa natives to be the next basketball coach at Iowa, I'd take Steve Forbes before I'd take Chris Jans....

Tell you what. They guy looks like a winner wherever he goes with about at .788 winning clip. Maybe we should have he and Steve Forbes from Lone Tree do a free throw contest and the winner gets the Iowa job!

I have NMSU winning their first game vs Clemson. Its the most obvious 12 vs 5 seed on the board, which probably means Davidson will beat Kentucky.

Tell you what. They guy looks like a winner wherever he goes with about at .788 winning clip. Maybe we should have he and Steve Forbes from Lone Tree do a free throw contest and the winner gets the Iowa job!
Yep. Even though I know first hand that he's a prick, I'd support giving him a chance. The OP's prob right, someone's gonna snatch him up. Hope it's not Clownville or a B1G team.

LOL. I am from the town he was. Im a die hard Iowa fan. Thats it.
Ive had an account for awhile.
He will go big somewhere.
Enjoy your march madness

I’m from Fairbank as well, know some of his family. He’s one heck of a basketball coach but we need a few more years where he’s coaching at a NMSU without incident.

SSckelley and Hawks319. Just wondering. What kind of game does he run or what is his philosophy on offense or defense. What kind of shit does he run?

SSckelley and Hawks319. Just wondering. What kind of game does he run or what is his philosophy on offense or defense. What kind of shit does he run?
Well, so far all I've seen is 4 players outside the arc trying to feed one post player. If they can't get it to him, someone drives to the basket and either makes it to the hole or someone probably ends up shooting a three. Granted this is only based on about 12 minutes of game.

Their not playing great defense tonight, but apparently they normally play pretty decent D.

"NMSU's defense is ranked fourth in the nation, giving up 62.1 points per game.

KenPom.com, a college basketball advanced anayltics website, ranks the Aggies 10th in the country in adjusted defensive efficiency.

The Aggies rank 12th in the country in field goal percentage defense (39.4 percent), eighth in 3-point percentage defense (30.1 percent) and 17th in scoring margin (plus-12.7)."

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/sp...o-states-defense-ranked-4th-nation/309141002/

I honestly do not know. I do know Defense is his speciality and he recruits his ass off. He basically recruited the player on wichita states team. He found ron baker