NL central

The Cubs will not win the central. As mediocre as that division is, the Cubs have proven that they are worse than that.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think any of the Cub fans in this thread have come anywhere close to saying the team would win the division.

To my best of knowledge, I didn't say they did.

Makes that first post seem pretty odd, doesn't it? Or are you trying to say something else there - because if you were, you did a pretty ****** job of it.

Pirates are gonna be pretty decent in the next few years. Love that young talent.

Take it from a Bucs fan, after a couple of decades of losing I know the drill. Watch the Pirates in the spring to see who does well enough to get traded, usually for some cash and a bucket o' chicken.

That young talent will be great, but I guarantee with that malaca that owns the team, most of them will be great in other uniforms. Oy vey! :mad:

I am a Pirates fan so that I never forget what suffering is like.

Carpenter vs Big Z tonight at Wrigley on WGN. Cubs start the series 4 games behind the Cards.
Isn't it weird that St. Louis has won only 1 game that Carpenter has started (7 starts) yet the Cards lead the division? Plus their bullpen is in flux. I still think they win the division unless they get another big injury. It does hurt to say that.

Isn't it weird that St. Louis has won only 1 game that Carpenter has started (7 starts) yet the Cards lead the division? Plus their bullpen is in flux. I still think they win the division unless they get another big injury. It does hurt to say that.

I think for Carp, it's been more about match-ups then anything. He's been getting matched with the other teams ace (rightly so) and they've been able to shut down the Cardinal offense. Last night was finally the exception and he got some run support. Go Cards!

I think for Carp, it's been more about match-ups then anything. He's been getting matched with the other teams ace (rightly so) and they've been able to shut down the Cardinal offense. Last night was finally the exception and he got some run support. Go Cards!
Agreed. My only point was they still lead the division while only getting 1 win (now 2) in his starts. He is still a good pitcher.

Cubs made way too many mistakes.
1. Soriano-nuf said
2. Koyie Hill dropping throw from Fukudome that would have been an easy out at home
3. Castro's bobble on Pujol's play (it was a tough play but should have been made)
4. Castro not cutting ball off on sac fly in 8th. Allowed Holliday to go to second
5. 12 men left on base.

Just to name a few

1. Soriano-nuf said
2. Koyie Hill dropping throw from Fukudome that would have been an easy out at home
3. Castro's bobble on Pujol's play (it was a tough play but should have been made)
4. Castro not cutting ball off on sac fly in 8th. Allowed Holliday to go to second
5. 12 men left on base.

Just to name a few
Your point?

Good teams don't make those mistakes.

That pretty much goes without saying. Soriano might be the worst outfielder in baseball. That was a great sign by the Cubs.

1. Soriano-nuf said
5. 12 men left on base.

Just to name a few

Soriano made a few nice catches in the second, though.

Dude he has gotten shelled for like 10 hits in each of his last 3 starts. That isn't happening because of the other team's ace. He got knocked around last night too.

Things went the exact opposite of yesterday (so far). 9-1 Cards in the 7th. Garcia is proving that maybe last year wasn't a fluke.

Cubs had 9 hits and 1 run. Seems like that happens every other game or so. Cubs have been horrible and getting men in when they get on base.

Latest posts