NL central

Thats a big if they can start hitting. It works both ways tho cuz Castro wont hit 400 all year. So if those 3 start hitting then the odds are that castro and barney will stop hitting.I love cubs fans logic.

I agree they will even out, but they won't quit hitting. That's dumb. Now, it's like any team, if the rotation comes together and teams hit then they'll be good.

The key to the cubs is that the rotation is solid, not great. The pen is very good, yes they give one up once in a while, but that's baseball. If Demp and Garza can get going and Z keeps it up that's a good sign. I see Garza coming around once it warms up, remember he always pitched in Tampa in the spring (minus a few starts up north) but didn't have to deal wiht Chicago regularly. Dempster is a wily vet and he'll figure it out.

If Wells comes back healthy and picks up where he left off, that is good news, and if Cashner can remain healthy and be an average 5 spot starter that's great.

As far as hitting, it will even out, I think pena will warm up with the weather, and Rammy has been ok so far, and I don't think he'll be great, but he'll be good this year. Soriano has some pop this year which is good, and I really have no idea on Byrd, not optimistic there.

Rammy's power will come. Id take .240 and 25HR out of Pena. Byrd will hit close to .300 with 15-20 HR.

Brewers get an ace in Grenkie pretty soon with the addition of Marcum and that line up . I think the Brewers are the team to beat.

Unfortunately, the Cubbies are right where I expected them to be all year... .500. We are just good enough not to suck and just bad enough not to be great. We have ZERO team speed, meaning we have to hit HRs to score consistently. Pena, Sori and Rammy hitting bombs is our only chance, and two of those guys i don't have much confidence in.

No.

I'm hardly a grammar nazi, but when you leave out entire words it kinda makes it difficult to determine what in fact you were going to say.

It's a little bit than correcting spelling. I couldn't what you were saying

And the way you went about correcting me wasn't you being a jack***?

I wouldn't want to be counting on a pitcher with social anxiety disorder trying to pitch in high pressure situations in September.

With the stuff Zack has sign me up. Has to be more stable than the Big Headache oops I mean Z. Cubs finish fourth anyway. If I had to pick I still ghttp://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=413056ot the Brewers.

With the stuff Zack has sign me up. Has to be more stable than the Big Headache oops I mean Z. Cubs finish fourth anyway. If I had to pick I still ghttp://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=413056ot the Brewers.

Yeah I hate having to put up with a pitcher who hasn't lost in his last 15 starts. It's real difficult.

Yeah I hate having to put up with a pitcher who hasn't lost in his last 15 starts. It's real difficult.

You are really going to use last years stats to justify that? Then I suppose we can go back to 2 years ago when Greinke had a 2.16 ERA in the AL. I would hate to put up with that.

Greinke has a far bigger upside than does Big Z. Greinke may have an anxiety disorder, but Big Z has far too many disorders to count.

And I don't think anyone is going to run away with the central and win 100 games.

Do you think anybody is going to win 90 games? I wouldn't be surprised if 85 won it. The Cubs could definitely be in it at the end but I'd be surprised if they were. It's not like no other teams (namely the Brewers and Cards) are not going to be getting talented players back as well.

You are really going to use last years stats to justify that? Then I suppose we can go back to 2 years ago when Greinke had a 2.16 ERA in the AL. I would hate to put up with that.

Greinke has a far bigger upside than does Big Z. Greinke may have an anxiety disorder, but Big Z has far too many disorders to count.

He's also never pitched in a big game his enitre major league career. He's already winning over the Brewer fans though, picking the Steelers to win the Super Bowl over the Packers while at a Brewer's promotional event, getting hurt playing pickup basketball and then lying about it.

He's also never pitched in a big game his enitre major league career. He's already winning over the Brewer fans though, picking the Steelers to win the Super Bowl over the Packers while at a Brewer's promotional event, getting hurt playing pickup basketball and then lying about it.

Has he tried to fight any teammates yet?

No, he's got Prince Fielder for that.

The big z at this point in there career isn't even in Zack's class. For pete sakes he got pulled out of the cubs rotation enough said. The brewers are far better than the cubs this year. The big z is the biggest head case in baseball.

The big z at this point in there career isn't even in Zack's class. For pete sakes he got pulled out of the cubs rotation enough said. The brewers are far better than the cubs this year. The big z is the biggest head case in baseball.

And then got put back into the rotation and went 8-0 with a 2.10 ERA the rest of the season. But Grienke is a better pitcher than Z now, just saying I wouldn't count on him in September.

And also Milton Bradley is far and away a bigger head case.

is a mess of mediocrity right now. The cubs are 8-8 and only a game back, but Pitt, St. Louis, and Brewers are tied there as well. If the cubs can get/stay healthy and keep up the pitching and get some timely hitting, you'd better believe they have a chance.

GO CUBS.

Gee, how profound? What else is there left? Oh, yeah, keep Zambrano out of the nut house for the entire season.

St. Louis is the tOSU of the NL Central....we'll find a way to beat a majority of you a majority of the time despite our shortcomings.

Cardinals-Logo.png

Latest posts