NL central

And then got put back into the rotation and went 8-0 with a 2.10 ERA the rest of the season. But Grienke is a better pitcher than Z now, just saying I wouldn't count on him in September.

And also Milton Bradley is far and away a bigger head case.

You win with Milton for sure.

Manny Para, it was in 2008. He also tried to break into the Dodgers locker room after getting kicked out of a game there last season.

ha, thats funny. I saw him hit batting practice in MN when his dad was still with the Tigers. I think he was like 13-14 at the time (as was I). He was a BIG kid at that time too.

Do you think anybody is going to win 90 games? I wouldn't be surprised if 85 won it. The Cubs could definitely be in it at the end but I'd be surprised if they were. It's not like no other teams (namely the Brewers and Cards) are not going to be getting talented players back as well.

I don't. I was trying to point out I don't think there are any world beaters in the central and that nobody is going to pull away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if 85 wins it.

Just saw on the Cubs website that they have been 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7 and now 8-8 this season. Last time they did that to start the season was 1930 and they ended up that year 94-60. So if history repeats itself and they perform just like that we should win about 99 games. I will take that.

Brewers get an ace in Grenkie pretty soon with the addition of Marcum and that line up . I think the Brewers are the team to beat.

We'll see. Greinke has never pitched anywhere with anything amounting to any pressure on him at all. Milwaukee isn't a pressure cooker by any means, but any games he pitches against the Cubs will have infinity(x) the atmosphere of any game he ever pitched for KC.

The big z at this point in there career isn't even in Zack's class. For pete sakes he got pulled out of the cubs rotation enough said. The brewers are far better than the cubs this year. The big z is the biggest head case in baseball.

False statement. They might be better, but there isn't anyone in this division who is "far better" than any other team.

Well...the Astros are really bad and might lose 100 games. But everyone else in the division is pretty evenly matched; even the Pirates have some talent.

We'll see. Greinke has never pitched anywhere with anything amounting to any pressure on him at all. Milwaukee isn't a pressure cooker by any means, but any games he pitches against the Cubs will have infinity(x) the atmosphere of any game he ever pitched for KC.

I agree Zack might give under pressure but its not going to be Wrigley that gets him. I'm sure Fenway and Yankee stadium are comparable. The games vs the cubs will be meaningless might not even pitch in Wrigley this year.

Gee, how profound? What else is there left? Oh, yeah, keep Zambrano out of the nut house for the entire season.

St. Louis is the tOSU of the NL Central....we'll find a way to beat a majority of you a majority of the time despite our shortcomings.

Cubs went 9-6 against St. Louis last year, but I'm sure you knew that. Cubs also went 9-6 against the Brewers, which also seems odd.

Last edited:
I agree Zack might give under pressure but its not going to be Wrigley that gets him. I'm sure Fenway and Yankee stadium are comparable. The games vs the cubs will be meaningless might not even pitch in Wrigley this year.

Not against the Royals they're not. Yankee and Red Sox fans save their hate for each other, not the Royals. I'm guessing the average crowd at Fenway or Yankee Stadium for a Royals game is pretty tame.

Last edited:
Not against the Royals they're not. Yankee and Red Sox fans save their hate for each other, not the Royals. I'm guessing the average crowd at Fenway or Yankee Stadium for a Royals game is pretty tame.

I would guess he would be a lot more nervous to face the lineups of the Yankees and Red Sox than he would be to pitch in Wrigley.

I would guess he would be a lot more nervous to face the lineups of the Yankees and Red Sox than he would be to pitch in Wrigley.

Maybe. The greater point is (and has been) that Greinke has never pitched in a pressure situation. His team has always sucked, and have therefore never had any expectations.

The central is a three horse race period. Brewers,Cards ,and Reds. The Brewers are far better than the Cubs and that was my statement and still is.

Maybe. The greater point is (and has been) that Greinke has never pitched in a pressure situation. His team has always sucked, and have therefore never had any expectations.

So the knock on Greinke is that he might fold under pressure? Because he wasn't ever on a contender til this year? While at the same time you're banking on the clutch performance of a team with a century of failure?

Not validating either Greinke or the Cubs. But I know which side I'm betting on in game 7.

So the knock on Greinke is that he might fold under pressure? Because he wasn't ever on a contender til this year? While at the same time you're banking on the clutch performance of a team with a century of failure?

Not validating either Greinke or the Cubs. But I know which side I'm betting on in game 7.

4 posts in and you're all ready putting words in peoples mouths? You're off to a great start!

I didn't come remotely close to saying anything like that. If you'd like to debate the point I made (see: staying on topic) that would be awesome.

Nobody knows how Greinke will perform under a pressure situation. I don't, you don't, he doesn't, Brewer fans don't, his teammates don't, etc...

Latest posts