Nice win but...

they found a way to win on the road. so, two road wins where they hold jNW on 62 and scored 89 at PSU. both without TC. you could argue they now have confidence on both offense and defense to win on the road. PSU shooting was a one off that you would never game plan for, especially knowing that without TC, PSU had the edge in the paint. good call on that, rob.

In addition, Penn St. has played a hell of a schedule up to this point and quite tested, even with lack of success. This was not your typical winless team in conference play. They are formidable.

Basketball is such a day to day sport. How we played last night has nothing to do with how we will play in the future. Against Illinois we might clamp down on defense and throw up bricks all night. Just gotta keep finding ways to win.

Absolutely true. Basketball is funny that way. Look, people need to keep it real. The team won a BIG 10 game on the road, which is not easy to do regardless the team. The stands had literally nobody at the game which was weird and can be a very strange atmosphere for teams to play in. Most teams (road) still would rather have the stands full and louder even though not rooting for them.

Some people think a team needs to win by at least 15pts every game. Get over it. You take road wins any way they come.

Good point on the ways to win. PSU was 12-35 from three (34%). If they miss one of those 12, they are at 31 % (basically their average for the year). I will attribute that to Wheeler who was 3-18 in conference (4-19 overall) coming into the game, but he made 1-3. It happens. :)
There are no bad road wins! Anyway it gets done doesn't matter as long as it happens. Heck, I posted for the Hawks to be "competitive" and I would be happy. They have surpassed my expectations.

There are no bad road wins! Anyway it gets done doesn't matter as long as it happens. Heck, I posted for the Hawks to be "competitive" and I would be happy. They have surpassed my expectations.

so far...i am satisfied, also. i want to see a full season of grit and determination. i want to see that the program has evolved in that direction. toughness.