Nice to see the clone thug-ery show up at the end.

ISU shot 28 three's and Iowa shot 20. Yeah, that's a HUGE difference. Especially when ISU is a 3 pt shooting team and Iowa isn't.

Have you ever heard of Duke? Guess what, they shoot tons of 3's too. What a concept... some teams have better shooters than other teams.... who would've thought?

?

Vegas had Iowa favored by 3.5, but a good chunk of the local/state media picked ISU to win this game, and I'd be willing to bet a good-sized chunk of Iowa fans didn't feel good about it either. Iowa has young talent on the roster, but ISU has experienced talent and is the deeper team. I'll also remind you that the majority of of the team Iowa put on the floor tonight was in high school last year, so that excuse don't fly.

This is Iowa's best win to date, sorta cancelling out the losses to WSU and Va Tech, who both happen to be undefeated. This win isn't meaningless if Iowa doesn't make the Dance. The B1G is the best league in the country, and has a handful of teams much better than Iowa State.

Success for Iowa this year is a top 6 finish in the league, and if that brings an invite to the Dance, great.

Ohhh... so Iowa might not have a great year because they play in a tough conference, huh? Are you one of those making fun of ISU's 6 wins in football too against one of the toughest schedules in the entire country?

I agree that the Big 10 is loaded in basketball and that might hurt Iowa's record, but the same thing is true in football too my friend. It's not so easy winning a lot of football games in the Big 12.

ISU shot 28 three's and Iowa shot 20. Yeah, that's a HUGE difference. Especially when ISU is a 3 pt shooting team and Iowa isn't.

Have you ever heard of Duke? Guess what, they shoot tons of 3's too. What a concept... some teams have better shooters than other teams.... who would've thought?

So what? A lot of ISU's 3's were not created from driving and kicking. They just heaved up 23 Footers hoping they would go in.

Very few, if any of Iowa's 3's were preceded with the shooter taking a dribble.

Ohhh... so Iowa might not have a great year because they play in a tough conference, huh? Are you one of those making fun of ISU's 6 wins in football too against one of the toughest schedules in the entire country?

I agree that the Big 10 is loaded in basketball and that might hurt Iowa's record, but the same thing is true in football too my friend. It's not so easy winning a lot of football games in the Big 12.

Teach me how to back pedel, teach me how to back pedal.

Why are you still here clone dude? You lost, please exit the board in an orderly manner.

Go to the freezer and grab a bag of frozen vegetables. Sit on it for awhile. That will help.

Wow, glad clonedude showed up to at least take the heat off me. :)

But some advice... we lost fair and square. Deal.

Wow, you are pretty smart, what is that like a difference of 8 shots?

You are right, Iowa isn't a 3-pt shooting team and ISU is...taking almost 30 three's and making a whole 9 that is really awesome. The thing you forget about with Puke, that guy named Plumlee, probably the ACC POY and his position is, let me see, oh yeah the same as Woodbury...center.

Iowa settles for 3's that they shouldn't take at times and 20 is about 5 more than the should ever take in a game with Oglesby getting 7 of those. Iowa needs to just keep going through Woodbury, White and have Gesell/Marble hit the mid range shots with Clemmons penetrating.

But the most funny thing here is, you compared ISU to Duke, who is probably the best team in America right now...that is just hilarious.

Haven't posted anything about ISU football; but now that you mention it I'll say that Rhoads' 12-22 conference record speaks for itself. Moving on.

And yes, the B1G is loaded this year. It's early, but the conference hasn't done anything to give anyone an argument to the contrary. Iowa will play many teams much better than Iowa State once they get into conference play.

Just stop with B12 football...KSU laid an egg against a poor team.

Oklahoma is the most overrated program in America today as well...B12 is not deep and not that good. You would never be going bowling had TCU's QB not been a snorter...please

Let's just enjoy the win. We all felt the same way clonedude does now after the loss in football. Both games were close, but fortunately this one went our way. I would take Niang on our team in a heartbeat. That is all.

Haven't posted anything about ISU football; but now that you mention it I'll say that Rhoads' 12-22 conference record speaks for itself. Moving on.

And yes, the B1G is loaded this year. It's early, but the conference hasn't done anything to give anyone an argument to the contrary. Iowa will play many teams much better than Iowa State once they get into conference play.

No argument from me on that one. Iowa will play a tougher schedule than ISU in basketball this year.

Just as ISU played a LOT tougher schedule than Iowa did this year in football as well.

Let's just enjoy the win. We all felt the same way clonedude does now after the loss in football. Both games were close, but fortunately this one went our way. I would take Niang on our team in a heartbeat. That is all.

I agree with this. Iowa deserved to win tonight. Your crowd showed up and your team fed off that energy and it showed.

ISU played with little to no passion whatsoever and deserved to lose. I like how Iowa plays. Up tempo, pressure defense, create turnovers, etc. I wish ISU pressured more, but we don't for whatever reason. Actually we don't pressure at all.

I think Iowa will probably win the next two years in this series in MBB since they are young. ISU has some good young players coming in next year, but then they will be the inexperienced ones.

I agree with this. Iowa deserved to win tonight. Your crowd showed up and your team fed off that energy and it showed.

ISU played with little to no passion whatsoever and deserved to lose. I like how Iowa plays. Up tempo, pressure defense, create turnovers, etc. I wish ISU pressured more, but we don't for whatever reason. Actually we don't pressure at all.

I think Iowa will probably win the next two years in this series in MBB since they are young. ISU has some good young players coming in next year, but then they will be the inexperienced ones.

Good post clown

That is the single biggest cop-out used by fans of a losing team. I would buy into that if Iowa won going away by 20+, but in a game that was under 10 most of the time and ISU got a lead going to half is a farce.

When you have the roster turnover that ISU is having by bringing in all the transfers that they have been bringing in, you have to deal with it. It is also why I have like how Fran chose to build through freshman and not transfers, save Cartwright, Iowa is going to have a couple of Seniors that know how to play College ball every year.

I do think Fred has figured that out to a point, brining in two JUCO's and the USC kid still boggle me, but Gibson/Niang are players that will be there for the long-term and that will benefit him. Morris/Dorsey-Walker/Thomas will all be long-term guys for them as well. Fred has done all the "stop-gap" tactics he has needed to do, now focus on the long-term of the program.

Latest posts