Nice Article on Woodbury

The U-17 championship was won by All Iowa Attack in double overtime, 87-80, over Terry Porter Elite. All Iowa Attack was led by 6-8 PF Daniel Jansen (Orange City, Iowa/MOC Floyd Valley) with 30 points. Jansen has been a fast riser this spring and has been one of All Iowa Attack's best players the past month. Woodbury added 21 and PG Mike Gisell (South Sioux, Iowa/South Sioux) chipped in 19 for the victors. Anthony Carroll (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa East) led T.P. Elite with 20.

Impressive numbers by Jansen. Is he getting looks?

Good Article. Thanks for posting the link.

Article also mentions that the "All Iowa Attack" Team won the Under 17 Championship.

Sounds like the 3 main cogs on that team are Woodbury, PG Mike Gisell and 6-8 PF Daniel Jansen.

Hope that Fran and his staff are keeping very close tabs on these 3 guys.

Would be great to land all 3 as Hawks and keep the best talent in the state playing college in Iowa!

If Williams and Self come in and consider Woodbury a priority, we can forget about him coming to Iowa. I thought we had a great chance to get him but if the big boys offer we have no chance.

If Williams and Self come in and consider Woodbury a priority, we can forget about him coming to Iowa. I thought we had a great chance to get him but if the big boys offer we have no chance.

debbie_downer.jpg

Well we know Williams or one of his assistants are watching the team because Paige is the PG on the team. I don't know if UNC will have the available spots for Woodbury. The concern is if Kansas comes calling and it's proximity to Sioux City....

I think Woodbury is a Hawk in the end.

The U-17 championship was won by All Iowa Attack in double overtime, 87-80, over Terry Porter Elite. All Iowa Attack was led by 6-8 PF Daniel Jansen (Orange City, Iowa/MOC Floyd Valley) with 30 points. Jansen has been a fast riser this spring and has been one of All Iowa Attack's best players the past month. Woodbury added 21 and PG Mike Gisell (South Sioux, Iowa/South Sioux) chipped in 19 for the victors. Anthony Carroll (Milwaukee, Wis./Wauwatosa East) led T.P. Elite with 20.

Impressive numbers by Jansen. Is he getting looks?
According to this link, this team (all Iowa Attack 17U) is in Des Moines this weekend for the 11th Grade State Tourney. I am not sure though.

Boys 17U-11th Grade (Huddleson) | All Iowa Attack

Yes, a very real shot. Him and his family are Hawkeye fans and Fran has been putting some major time in on him.

Hopefully he will see a new energy and commitment to Iowa hoops and want to ride the wave. Looks like he could be approaching difference-maker status.

Hopefully he will see a new energy and commitment to Iowa hoops and want to ride the wave. Looks like he could be approaching difference-maker status.

No doubt about it. This would be a nice lineup in a couple years:

PG- Gessel (Sophomore)
SG- Oglesby (Junior)
SF- White (Junior)
PF- Basabe (Senior)
C- Woodbury (Sophomore)

Completely disagree X 10000! I don't care who offers Adam, Iowa has a very good chance.

Jansen on this team is the son of the official whose last name is Jansen that does a lot of Big Ten and Big 12 games. They live in the Orange City area of NW Iowa.

Jansen has a strong game. He can score against the big boys. He played a real good game as a sophmore against the two kids from Rock Valley that went to SDSU.

Harrison Barnes chose UNC over Iowa State when he's from Ames and his mom works at the university. Woodbury isn't even close to being Barnes caliber even. I don't see how everyone feels like Woodbury will pick Iowa.

Take off the rose colored glasses, Iowa wins 11 games a year and will battle for middle of the pack Big Ten next season. UNC is a national title contender. We can't compete with Roy. He will take the best players from Iowa but leave us the rest. We just have to hope they develop into stars.

School loyalty doesn't matter much anymore like it used to with high school kids. They much rather win titles than wear a jersey of their favorite team. It sucks but is reality.

I think this is why The staff was goong so hard after Olesani. Hopefully he pans out. Gessel we still have a shot because Paige is also at UNC and he and Gessel would play same position.

Not saying we aren't going to get these guys but when UNC and Kansas come to play we have almost no chance.

If Fran can get either one of them away from Roy or Bill, that would be the biggest recruiting upset in history.

Harrison Barnes chose UNC over Iowa State when he's from Ames and his mom works at the university. Woodbury isn't even close to being Barnes caliber even. I don't see how everyone feels like Woodbury will pick Iowa.

Take off the rose colored glasses, Iowa wins 11 games a year and will battle for middle of the pack Big Ten next season. UNC is a national title contender. We can't compete with Roy. He will take the best players from Iowa but leave us the rest. We just have to hope they develop into stars.

School loyalty doesn't matter much anymore like it used to with high school kids. They much rather win titles than wear a jersey of their favorite team. It sucks but is reality.

I think this is why The staff was goong so hard after Olesani. Hopefully he pans out. Gessel we still have a shot because Paige is also at UNC and he and Gessel would play same position.

Not saying we aren't going to get these guys but when UNC and Kansas come to play we have almost no chance.

If Fran can get either one of them away from Roy or Bill, that would be the biggest recruiting upset in history.

Your rants are becoming more incoherent.

Woodbury and Gesell are three star kids, UNC talked to Woodbury, more than likely because they were watching Paige, and you **** your e-pants.

Ryno, sorry but there is a huge difference between Woodbury and Paige. I compare Woodbury to Gatens in that they both grew up huge Iowa fan's. Paige did not. Gaten's was going to go to Iowa regardless if he had offers from the North Carolina's or Duke's of the world. I feel the same way about Woodbury. These guys are true Hawkeyes.

Daniel Jansen is not related to Paul Janssen although they are both from Orange City. Daniel is a junior with a large upside, as his body is already BIG ready but needs to develop a 10 - 15 foot jump shot in his senior year. Good feet and hands for his age.

Ryno, sorry but there is a huge difference between Woodbury and Paige. I compare Woodbury to Gatens in that they both grew up huge Iowa fan's. Paige did not. Gaten's was going to go to Iowa regardless if he had offers from the North Carolina's or Duke's of the world. I feel the same way about Woodbury. These guys are true Hawkeyes.

I'm not saying Woodbury isn't a true Hawkeye, or anything like that. But I'm not quite as optimistic as you are. He's not quite like Gatens. Gatens committed to the Hawks when he was just a freshman. Woodbury is wrapping up his junior year and still hasn't pulled that trigger.

Latest posts