Niang the most hated oppenent since?

No way is he the most hated. I can think of four guys from just the past couple years that I hated a lot more, and I doubt many here would disagree with them: Brust, Craft, Sheehey and Trice. Niang is hardly even a blip on the radar for me.

No way is he the most hated. I can think of four guys from just the past couple years that I hated a lot more, and I doubt many here would disagree with them: Brust, Craft, Sheehey and Trice. Niang is hardly even a blip on the radar for me.

I'll have to go check the Brust, Craft, Sheehey and Trice threads that have over 40 posts (big-time around here) and get back to you on that.

I'll have to go check the Brust, Craft, Sheehey and Trice threads that have over 40 posts (big-time around here) and get back to you on that.

Your posts are so cliche.

This thread is a list of more hated players than the ISU guy. Basically the consensus is that the ISU player isn't close.

Most Hawkeye fans I've talked to don't care for Niang but all admitted they wish their guys had his swagger.
I don't mind the clones, root for them when not playing the Hawks. Like Niangs' game, but that 7th grade pretty boy blowin kisses crap is bout as classless as it was having McCabe on our team. That crap doesn't belong a basketball floor, and I would bet that if you get ur boy Freddy behind closed door, he would say the same thing.

I don't mind the clones, root for them when not playing the Hawks. Like Niangs' game, but that 7th grade pretty boy blowin kisses crap is bout as classless as it was having McCabe on our team. That crap doesn't belong a basketball floor, and I would bet that if you get ur boy Freddy behind closed door, he would say the same thing.

His game isn't bad but he plays terrible defense and would much rather shoot a 3 ball or bull rush the rim than play like a true post. Usually has to take 15 shots to put up decent numbers. I'm not saying he's not a good player but I would take multiple players on ISU ahead of Niang.

Last edited:
Pembrook Burroughs III and Lafester Rhodes. Until the day I die I will continue to have nightmares about those two. Everyone under 30 will probably have to look them up to see why.

Last edited:
His game isn't bad but he plays terrible defense and would much rather shoot a 3 ball or bull rush the rim than play like a true post. Usually has to take 15 shots to put up decent numbers. I'm not saying he's not a good player but I would take multiple players on ISU ahead of Niang.

He's not a true post so no wonder.

Lot of people complain about Iowa's lack of toughness, and you criticize Zach McCabe.....

Remember he is the one who tossed the hated Travis Trice to the floor like a sweaty jockstrap according to ESPN news.....

Lot of people complain about Iowa's lack of toughness, and you criticize Zach McCabe.....

Remember he is the one who tossed the hated Travis Trice to the floor like a sweaty jockstrap according to ESPN news.....

There's a difference between being tough and throwing a tantrum.

There's a difference between being tough and throwing a tantrum.

Lot of players throw tantrums when Trice is around.....

B9315479676Z.1_20141213133813_000_GHI9D3N9B.1-0.jpg

Connecticut guard broke his jaw, few months later and Illinois player broke it again.....

Trice is lucky Zach was gentle with him.....

4f0e3a04a6bf9.image.jpg

See what I mean.....

:cool:

I like this. Zach may have been tough in the sense of a street fight. But that has nothing to do with playing basketball. Zach lacked mental toughness. Put the pressure on him and he popped like a teenage pimple. Refer to his missing a 3 pt shot last year that would have tied the game at the end, and he responds by telling the fan base to suck a fat one. Or his body slam of Travis Trice, which Trice probably deserved, but it doesn't happen on the basketball court. Or the multiple times he would miss a basket or make a bad play, then immediately follow up by going to the other end of the floor and committing a stupid foul. It takes mental toughness to resist those urges, and stay focused on winning the game. Zach didn't have it.

Who was the guy from Illinois who hit the half court shot to beat us at the end of the game maybe late 80s. He always torched us.

Latest posts