Next Penn State Coach?

I'm surprised nobody said Greg Schiano.

I've always thought he would be towards the top of their list. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Fitz as well. PSU is one of the top jobs in the country and it would not be a surprise if JoePa's replacement is someone who hasn't even been mentioned in this thread and others.

I think it's highly unlikely they contact Kirk and even less likely he'd consider it if they did.

Chosen -

If KF is really that unhappy with the questioning of his staff in two of the three losses this year, he is going to have a helluva time at Penn State. You are dreaming up something that is not actually happening in reality.

I really think Paterno is done after their bowl game.

Will they pursue Ferentz? I think they will.

Another idiot post on this subject. Do you not ever get tired with posting the same BS? Don't you have something more positive to start a thread with? He signed and extention til 2020, what do you think that means?

I don't mind your calling me an idiot (it happens all the time), but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion.

I've been tremendously positive about this team, and this coaching staff. I think this year's team is very good (12 points from a 10-0 record) and the staff is great. Period.

If Paterno retires, you have to take steps to protect your coach. I hope Iowa takes those steps. Michigan pursued him and he said no. Will he say no to Penn State? I hope so. I wouldn't just assume it, though.

I believe that he will be at the absolute top of their list.

I don't mind your calling me an idiot (it happens all the time), but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion.

I've been tremendously positive about this team, and this coaching staff. I think this year's team is very good (12 points from a 10-0 record) and the staff is great. Period.

If Paterno retires, you have to take steps to protect your coach. I hope Iowa takes those steps. Michigan pursued him and he said no. Will he say no to Penn State? I hope so. I wouldn't just assume it, though.

I believe that he will be at the absolute top of their list.

And you believed Jake Christensen was the second coming. How did that work out for ya?

IMO, I think Penn State will hire from the Paterno tree instead of going outside, either someone already there (McQueary, J. Paterno) or someone who has left the staff for another oppurtunity. I might not be right and have no way to confirm this but I was under the impression that McQueary was the heir apparent to Jo Pa.

Who's the fire crotch over there? I always thought he was in the waiting?

Bruce! Fire crotch!!? Really! I thought you liked redheads! Next thing you know you'll be referring to him as the left handed step-child!

He does seem like he's calling the shots a lot now though.

Nope... just you Shada! Jake Christensen and Erik Karros were your super heroes until Tate threw that bomb, and holy cow... I don't know why Karros was playing without doing some work!

Move along fellas... there is nothing to see here... just a flaming post from the get go. The starter of this thread should get a 2 day ban to think about his life.

Lots of people thought JC6 was going to be a good QB. Lots of people were wrong.

**Consults Iowa Record Book**

Career wins versus Northwestern

Christensen 1
Tate 0
Stanzi 0

Mark my words, if you idiots didn't run Christensen, Iowa would have played in the Rose Bowl last year.

**Consults Iowa Record Book**

Career wins versus Northwestern

Christensen 1
Tate 0
Stanzi 0

Mark my words, if you idiots didn't run Christensen, Iowa would have played in the Rose Bowl last year.

Dont forget JC was also better at the following things:

1) Bicep size
2) Beer league softball

Eh - they don't call her parking lot patty for nothin'.

We're excited about the darkness release yesterday and working on some new material at my house in Jersey. Look for us on the road in 2011.

It is a great package at that! Nice stint on Jimmy Fallon last evening BTW. With that magical golden touch, maybe PSU should come after you.

PSU will look at Ferentz for sure...and I think he just may leave. Ferentz out, Bob Stoops in, no hard feelings.

No need for the insults, but I think you're exactly right. If Christiansen would have taken teh field after Stanzi went down in the endzone against NW last year...the sky is the limit. But I gurantee you that hurts Jake more than it does any Iowa fan that has thought about it.

I think some of you guys are almost lying to yourselves. You don't think if PSU came calling Kirk wouldn't at least hear them out? He might not be the one directly talking with them, but he obviously has a great agent that would do all of the talking and possible negotiations for him. It's his home state's college university that he grew up following and he probably idolized JoePa. You don't think that would be intriguing to him at least a little bit? Don't they have a lot of family back that way too? And yes I know James Ferentz is currently on the roster and that he's stated that he wants his children to all attend the same high school, but to say he wouldn't even bat an eye lash? C'mon guys.

If he leaves, he leaves. Moving within the conference is a dumb move, but it is what it is! Quite frankly, I am tired of worrying about it every year. Of course, year after year we don't know how much truth there is to any of this, or if it is just matriculated on the message boards. If he wants to be a Nittney Lion and not a Hawkeye, more power to him!

If he leaves, he leaves. Moving within the conference is a dumb move, but it is what it is! Quite frankly, I am tired of worrying about it every year. Of course, year after year we don't know how much truth there is to any of this, or if it is just matriculated on the message boards. If he wants to be a Nittney Lion and not a Hawkeye, more power to him!

Would you rather us be awful every year so we don't have to worry about our coach leaving? The fact that Penn State would be interested in our coach is a good thing no matter how you look at it. You know, I guess I'm tired of being a top 25 team and playing in January bowls too. Let him go so we can finally restore some sanity around here!

Latest posts