Next Penn State Coach?

I think some of you guys are almost lying to yourselves. You don't think if PSU came calling Kirk wouldn't at least hear them out? He might not be the one directly talking with them, but he obviously has a great agent that would do all of the talking and possible negotiations for him. It's his home state's college university that he grew up following and he probably idolized JoePa. You don't think that would be intriguing to him at least a little bit? Don't they have a lot of family back that way too? And yes I know James Ferentz is currently on the roster and that he's stated that he wants his children to all attend the same high school, but to say he wouldn't even bat an eye lash? C'mon guys.

This is so obviously true that it's sad it needs to be written.
and I say this as someone whose opinion is that Kirk probably retires as a Hawkeye.

I can't see the good Cpt going anywhere. He's said time and time again that Iowa has become home to him. He's lived here 20+ years. His kids were (I think) all born here. They all graduated high school here.

Kirk may be on a PSU search committee's list but only to have some established names to consider. I would expect PSU to pursue a proven winner and recruiter like KF but someone a bit younger and perhaps more experienced with the up-tempo style of play that seem to be coming to the B10.

Not sure whether "Kurt" Ferentz will be going anywhere but I doubt whether Kirk Ferentz is going anywhere. If he does he does, there won't be much anyone can do about it so I don't worry about those things.

I think some of you guys are almost lying to yourselves. You don't think if PSU came calling Kirk wouldn't at least hear them out? He might not be the one directly talking with them, but he obviously has a great agent that would do all of the talking and possible negotiations for him. It's his home state's college university that he grew up following and he probably idolized JoePa. You don't think that would be intriguing to him at least a little bit? Don't they have a lot of family back that way too? And yes I know James Ferentz is currently on the roster and that he's stated that he wants his children to all attend the same high school, but to say he wouldn't even bat an eye lash? C'mon guys.

KF will listen to PSU if they come calling, as that will help him get deal in future contract negotiations, but no way he even considers leaving now. James would either have to stay here and play two years with most fans and his teammates feeling betrayed, or transfer to PSU, which depending on NCAA & BigTen rules, maybe he could play right away or else he'd have to sit a year thus leaving him with only one season to play. And his youngest son is still a junior in high school. KF hasn't lived in Pennsylvania in over 30 years, he didn't attend PSU, he didn't coach at PSU, and he grew up in Pittsburgh area so he'd have probably been a Pitt fan rather than a Penn State fan. C'mon, he makes over $3 million a year and has 10 years on his contract. He wouldn't move for the money. Only way he moves is if he feels like he wants to compete for the national title, which would be easier at Penn State because of proximity to recruits.

When KF grew up in PA Joe Pa wasn't even on the radar as what he is today, so I don't think any idolization of Joe Pa we factor into a decision. Now, he may have been a die hard PSU fan which could factor into a decision, but as you grow older going back to your favorite college or Alma mater just isn't that big of deal. Now going to the place with better resources would. All that said KF would listen because that is the way he is but I don't think he would leave.

Latest posts