Next Iowa Coach?

In all honesty tho people need to give this dream up. Fran is signed through 2023. Patrick will be a senior in the 2022-23 season.

Fran will make the tournament this year...guaranteed. That will buy him a couple more years in Barta's eyes. By then they will just wait it out and assume Fran will retire after Patricks senior year when Fran is in his mid-60s

Cf3n3neVIAAUIBI.jpg

Most underrated movie in years.

In all honesty tho people need to give this dream up. Fran is signed through 2023. Patrick will be a senior in the 2022-23 season.

Fran will make the tournament this year...guaranteed. That will buy him a couple more years in Barta's eyes. By then they will just wait it out and assume Fran will retire after Patricks senior year when Fran is in his mid-60s

correct - Iowa is not going to fire a 21 win coach, they just aren't. That's just not gonna happen likely anywhere. But I am starting to understand the other side of the story more every day. What is happening this season is complete and udder bullshit.

Jans and Devries are both intriguing. So, was Jans' embarrassing moment a one-off? or is there a potential time bomb there/

correct - Iowa is not going to fire a 21 win coach, they just aren't. That's just not gonna happen likely anywhere. But I am starting to understand the other side of the story more every day. What is happening this season is complete and udder bullshit.

Perhaps the real question is, how many witless fools will be willing to pay to sit in the stands in Carver and watch this idiot coaching staff's slow motion disaster play out until 2022-2023? I am not sure what the number will be, but it certainly will be far, far short of sellout crowds. Not to mention, in the meantime, the many fans, including myself, that have already turned away from watching the basketball program regularly due to the ineptitude of this coaching staff.

I'm not happy with Fran but with his extension last year and buyout he's not going anywhere for at least 2 years.

You can thank Gary "The Teflon Man" Barta for that.

Tom Davis says "Hi".....

Hell Barta might just give him an extention.
Well, if you get an extension and a healthy buy out in a season in which your team goes 4-14, what does going 11-9/10-10 get you? If I'm Fran, I make the pitch right now, Barta will be all in.

Before the extension was signed, if we fired Fran, we would only owe him $4.6M....now we would owe him $9M. Good Lord we have the worst AD in all of college athletics....

Udders don't produce bullshit :) utter

Latest posts