News on Cook Injury?

I've heard every speculation from him being day to day to out for extended time. I tend to side with Rob's inside info, that's it's not that bad and that he's day to day at this point. But if you read other boards, some are saying it could be 2 months.

Not sure what others are reporting or their sources. As I said, I got my info from someone real close to TC.

Ankles are tricky. I don't believe this is a high ankle sprain but it's still really sore. And TC is a guy that needs that explosiveness. I'm doubting he plays at Penn State but he's a tough kid.

If he is questionable I would rather have him sit for Penn State. Doesn't mean I don't take them seriously, but the rest part of the equation is a big one for ankles. I'm sure he will try to play if close, but hope the coaches hold him back like they did Garza.

The way I see it is this cant come at a worse time. We need the next 2 games bad. If he's back for the 2 after those, we still have a good shot at losing anyway.

The way I see it is this cant come at a worse time. We need the next 2 games bad. If he's back for the 2 after those, we still have a good shot at losing anyway.

Maybe the team will figure out a bit how to play without him or relying on him. I'm just looking at the bright side or how it might help the team going forward and be even better when he comes back. This team could grow out of this, even though I'd rather have him available.

Maybe the team will figure out a bit how to play without him or relying on him. I'm just looking at the bright side or how it might help the team going forward and be even better when he comes back. This team could grow out of this, even though I'd rather have him available.

Agree! Lets hope we play so well we don 't need him.

If my memory recalls correctly, they won without TC (Sore knee) at Northwestern. They have proven they can beat a BIG Ten team without him. Would I rather have him in there? Of course, but be smart with him and look long term.

I think it could have been worse if it happened next week when Iowa begins a stretch where it plays Michigan State at home, at Minnesota and then Michigan at home.

I dunno, Rob. If we lose a couple of those it wouldn't be the end of the world...Michigan and Michigan St are expected to beat us so it wouldn't hurt our ranking too much.

On the other hand...you can't drop games to Penn St and Illinois if you want to make the tourney.

If my memory recalls correctly, they won without TC (Sore knee) at Northwestern. They have proven they can beat a BIG Ten team without him. Would I rather have him in there? Of course, but be smart with him and look long term.

Correct. I was going to point that out in what I wrote. It was one game but they showed they can perform. They should be able to with the players they have. Heck, you might not have that thunderous dunker in the game but you might be able to put a player in with a more outside shot.

Just because we really need those wins. We can afford to lose other ones. It's more of a defensive thought process I guess. Iowa basketball can do that to you.
We've already shown more grit and toughness than we showed all of last year. We've already won four or five games we would have lost last year. But yes the stench lingers and the memory remains. Everytime we have a performance like Sparty or Purdue it feels like we've slid right back to last year.

If we handle Penn State I know we have a different mindset from 2018, even though it's mostly the same players. They manhandled us twice last year, and physically as well. Made us look like sissies. That loss at State College last year was a microcosm of our season, right down to the last poster dunk.