New Software Bug Report

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
If you see any technical issues that need attention please post them here. This isnt a post for "I don't like the changes". This is for issues that need resolved. Thanks

I noticed when I checked "Mark all posts as Read" in the forum actions. It marked every post in every forum instead of the one that I was in at that time. Also, any chance that you can add a link towards the bottom to go back to the root forum that you are in so a person doesn't need to scroll all the way back to the top of a post to get to that forum?

Things I have noticed and emailed the tech about:

Forums need to be aligned more left
Want the landing page to be as it was before and not the activity stream
Add the 'Like' button (there was a prob with this last night, so its on the list)

It was a little bit confusing at first that the forum drop-down menu was titled "Sections." Also, hovering over that menu doesn't drop it down; I had to click on it to get it to drop. I guess that will be useful for touch screen devices.

I noticed when I checked "Mark all posts as Read" in the forum actions. It marked every post in every forum instead of the one that I was in at that time. Also, any chance that you can add a link towards the bottom to go back to the root forum that you are in so a person doesn't need to scroll all the way back to the top of a post to get to that forum?

I agree with the Droid on the bolded part, JD. Having the same navigation options on the bottom of the page as are on the top is very convenient.

I had a lot of issues typing up this new thread. I can't remember all of the issues I had, but most of them were related to bolding and underlining text. I would bold or underline something, but when I wanted to go back to standard text, it wouldn't let me. What I had to do was type out new text bold or underlined then highlight the text I had typed and correct it. For the long post I typed up, it was a very tedious process and something that needs to get looked at.

I tried to include a link to a post in a different forum (recruiting) but it doesn't show up.
When I go to edit my post, I see it. But then when I post it, it's gone.

I think you need to use the link function on the toolbar (the globe with the "link" in front of it). Try it. Do it now. Do it.

You used to be able to link a photo from elsewhere simply using the URL. This appears to require copying/saving the image to your hard drive, then uploading it as a file. It shows up in the content window very small, and clicking on it only brings it to a percentage of its original size.

It looks like you just added full navigation string right under the "reply to thread" button, or has that been there all along??
Either way, it's choice.

You used to be able to link a photo from elsewhere simply using the URL. This appears to require copying/saving the image to your hard drive, then uploading it as a file. It shows up in the content window very small, and clicking on it only brings it to a percentage of its original size.

No, look again at the options after you click on the "insert image" icon. You now have "from computer" and "from url" options, whereas the old software only allowed url attachments.

Should html automatically be a different font color? Right now it appears as regular black text, hard to tell whether it's a live link w/o moving the cursor over it.

Well, it jumps out now. JD is goofing around in real time! #like

Latest posts