New Show on the BTN that I will be a part of

Is the show going to be more like an 'Around the Horn'esque' format where several people will chime in regarding a plethora of topics?

You should push for a 30 minute show a la 'Stump the Schwab' featuring the sports encyclopedia Steve Deace. That would be a blast.

::EDIT:: Almost forgot, Congrats Jon!

Is the show going to be more like an 'Around the Horn'esque' format where several people will chime in regarding a plethora of topics?

You should push for a 30 minute show a la 'Stump the Schwab' featuring the sports encyclopedia Steve Deace. That would be a blast.

::EDIT:: Almost forgot, Congrats Jon!

It's still in the nebulous stage, where we will be coming up with ideas for how to do it. PTI-ish feel probably, might need to be a rapid fire, since we have just 24 minutes on air.

Please...for the love of God and all that is holy and good...PLEASE let that be you in that pic!

LOL not me

cychick.JPG

Last edited:
So are you doing Soundoff from Chicago??? And more importantly are we still have live in game chats??? Those lucky dips we had together, probably won at least 2 games.

Last edited:
So are you doing Soundoff from Chicago??? And more importantly are we still have live in game chats??? Those lucky dips we had together, probably won at least 2 games.

Things are not going to change all that much. The only differences are that I will be a part of a BTN show, and I will not be doing my Friday radio show. Soundoff will either be from Des Moines or Kinnick. I will be in the city of Chicago for probably all of five or six hours. They are flying me over and back same day.

Given a few appreciated concessions from my radio bosses, I will now have much more time at home with my family, and working from my home office, every day of the week.

And in game chats will be here, just as long as I am not on assignment in Kinnick for the BTN, which will probably happen a few times.

That's great Jon, I really want to hear you poke some fun at Deace about how you got THREE jobs now!

Congrats Jon!! Sounds like a great oppportunity and well deserved.
FWIW, I think you are a natural for a position like this. I have always found you well spoken, articulate and polished in front of a camera. Knock this gig out of the park!

Congrats,Jon...I know this has to be exciting. I am pleased to hear that the BTN continues to expand their programming around FB and BB. It is the straw that makes that stirs the drink,afterall.

I liked the expansion last year with Monday-Thursday football programming and now this additional show makes those long weeks between games a bit easier to handle.
Just make sure that you remember the Iowa Hawkeyes deserve much attention every single week. Too bad this was not on last year,with an undefeated Iowa team making news every week. Anthony Herron and now Jon Miller...bout time we had a real presence on BTN...which is dominated by NW guys,somewhat with Martin,Revsine,Doyle. Others; Hall-Mo..,DiNardo- IU,Griffin-Ill.,Vincent-Wis,Jackson-OSU,Gill-Ill,Dakich-IU, Mason-Minn.....way to represent the Hawks.

Latest posts