New Show on the BTN that I will be a part of

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I had not planned on discussing this in this fashion, but since my radio bosses have sent out an email to the entire company, it appears some people in house have forwarded it outside the building and it's getting talked about elsewhere.

I received a call last week from the Big Ten Network to audition for a new program they are launching this fall called 'The Pulse'. They told me they will air it Thursday nights in prime time (7 central) and it will be a more opinionated program than what they have had on the air to date.

I took the day off from my radio show Monday and was in Chicago. I spent about two straight hours doing three 40-minute shows with three different co-hosts. It was a blast. I left there knowing I did the best I could do.

They called Tuesday and offered me the position.

I will do my radio show Monday-Thursday, and will also keep doing Soundoff on 1040 WHO most weeks. I will also be doing reporting for the BTN in Iowa related ways, which could be post press conference stand ups or gameday stand ups.

And of course, things will remain the same around here. I will actually be adding more hours to my day on the site, and less hours of obligation at the radio station.

Looking forward to football season getting going, and I will be in Chicago in three weeks for the Big Ten Kickoff luncheon...as has been the case with HawkeyeNation.com, that's when we start to ramp up to wall to wall football and lots of it until the season is over. It's only going to help your HN experience as I will be in touch with the newsmakers of the Big Ten on a regular basis...to borrow a line from Fred Hoiberg, they will be on my speed dial ;)

The first episode airs on September 9th, and the show will probably run through Spring Football practice.

Last edited:
Well done. Glad to see an Iowa native's career taking off in something he truly loves doing. Keep us posted (remind us) as your opening show draws near.

Now, don't do something foolish and Tiger-esque your life for example. :)

Congratz on the gig, sounds like a nice step up. And I always thought you had a face for radio :)

Keep rockin the long sleeves and stay away from Vnecks, we here in Iowa don't mind but the perma sweater might be a turn off for some in your new national TV audience.

Awesome! Way to go Jon! You've been doing a great job waving the Hawk flag in Des Moines now you can take that flag and plant it in Chi-town!

Congratz on the gig, sounds like a nice step up. And I always thought you had a face for radio :)

Keep rockin the long sleeves and stay away from Vnecks, we here in Iowa don't mind but the perma sweater might be a turn off for some in your new national TV audience.

Long sleeves are a must. I think a few generations back we must have been sasquatches.

Awesome, Jon, congrats! Look forward to it.

Don't forget about all of us nobodies who made you famous now that you've made the big time ;)

I had not planned on discussing this in this fashion, but since my radio bosses have sent out an email to the entire company, it appears some people in house have forwarded it outside the building and it's getting talked about elsewhere.

I received a call last week from the Big Ten Network to audition for a new program they are launching this fall called 'The Pulse'. They told me they will air it Thursday nights in prime time (7 central) and it will be a more opinionated program than what they have had on the air to date.

I took the day off from my radio show Monday and was in Chicago. I spent about two straight hours doing three 40-minute shows with three different co-hosts. It was a blast. I left there knowing I did the best I could do.

They called Tuesday and offered me the position.

I will do my radio show Monday-Thursday, and will also keep doing Soundoff on 1040 WHO most weeks. I will also be doing reporting for the BTN in Iowa related ways, which could be post press conference stand ups or gameday stand ups.

And of course, things will remain the same around here. I will actually be adding more hours to my day on the site, and less hours of obligation at the radio station.

Looking forward to football season getting going, and I will be in Chicago in three weeks for the Big Ten Kickoff luncheon...as has been the case with HawkeyeNation.com, that's when we start to ramp up to wall to wall football and lots of it until the season is over. It's only going to help your HN experience as I will be in touch with the newsmakers of the Big Ten on a regular basis...to borrow a line from Fred Hoiberg, they will be on my speed dial ;)

The first episode airs on September 9th, and the show will probably run through Spring Football practice.

That is awesome news Jon. What a great gig! Kudos to you for bringing your passion for the Hawks to all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, way to hit one outta the park, congratulations.

Step one in the Jon D. Miller plan to dominate the media world, complete. Move over Bron-bron.

Congrats and good luck, Jon! I cann't wait for next July to roll around and have Nebraska programming on the BTN :)

Congratulations. What an exciting step.

Is the show live on Thursday night, or taped? Is travel to and from Chicago what will keep you away from the radio Friday mornings?

That is good news for me since I ditched mediacom a while back it will be good to see you on TV again. Also sounds like a great opportunity for you to represent the hawks and further your career.

Latest posts