New recruit visiting & walk-ons

RedHawk

Banned
Read on another site about a possible recruit visiting today. It was mentioned by Fran this morning on his radio interview. He seemed pretty positive, but gave no name. Supposed to be a JUCO PG from Texas. Also, it was mentioned Fran was in Des Moines today talking to another potential walk-on. Anyone heard who these two might be? Info/stats?

Didnt one of Kirk Speraw's commitments while still the coach at UCF de-commit after Kirk was let go? I think the recruit was a point guard?

Last edited:
Is this the same Bryce Cartwright that was a guard for Fresno State? I see he was listed as a freshman last year, but is not on this years roster. I could be completely wrong but I looked up the name and this is what I found. Obviously there could be many Bryce Cartwrights. Bryce Cartwright Stats, News, Photos - Fresno State Bulldogs - ESPN

Yes, he played one year for Fresno State and then transferred to Paris Community College near Dallas. He is a true point guard and an interesting prospect.

If we can actually sign him, JR you have an excellent point...20 game starter at a mid-major, who can handle the ball...Not a bad option to back up Cully & can let Marble develop IMO into a more productive player at the 2.

Cartwright sounds like a great pickup. Excellent ball-handler with quickness. Good A:T ratio. Doesn't need to score to be effective. Also based on his number of steals sounds like a good defender. Plus he has starting experience at the Division one level (20 games at Fresno State as a freshman).

He would give us the option of having Cully play the two. That would be a small lineup but a very quick one with much better ball-handling than we could have ever dreamed of last year.

I like the idea of Cully getting to play the two spot some!! Being left handed and playing that side of the court(throws people off). With Gatens and May not being the greatest ball handlers (not horrible either) letting them play the three will add depth all round.

Latest posts