New Recruit:Kevin Panzer?

Like I said in the other thread, I went to Capo Valley. We had the same Steeler unis. Actually pretty good competition in that league. Lots of D1 athletes at multiple sports.

4 or 5 years ago Alford signed a kid late by the name of Josh ?????? from CA and was ripped with malice of forethought. How is this kid different or is it the fact we're in the honey moon period? I ask because on the surface he sounds like a tall project similar to that kid.

4 or 5 years ago Alford signed a kid late by the name of Josh ?????? from CA and was ripped with malice of forethought. How is this kid different or is it the fact we're in the honey moon period? I ask because on the surface he sounds like a tall project similar to that kid.

this kid is actually a prospect, rated in the top 200 by Van Coleman. Josh Crawford was not a prospect, he was a panic sign and wasnt rated in the top 2500 by Van Coleman. The only similartity between the 2 is they are both from Cali

Here are a couple youtube videos of Panzer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5X22blKgn4&NR=1[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVMQFZ9FWf0&feature=related[/ame]

Close...

Are you fishing? I'll bite. What rumors are you talking about? Mel was in town this weekend and is expected to announce he is joining the program later in the week. What are you hearing?

Basabe hasn't been in IC yet and isn't expected to arrive until tomorrow so I don't know where that info came from. I just have heard from board talk that he is weighing options and potential interest. I'm def crossing my fingers though!

I like what I see on the videos too. Dang man, you gotta love that Fran is all over the country recruiting, what a work ethic this guy has!

From the video, he looks like a solid PF. He could create some mismatches on the offensive end at the 4 spot with his ability to extend the defense. He didn't seem overly quick off the dribble, but that isn't usually a main requirement for 6'9" guys. Also, he looked taller than 6'9". He had some decent moves around the basket and seemed to have that knack good shot blockers have. He looks like the type of player that could flourish in Mac's style of ball. Put some more weight on him and I think he could be a very good player. I love the hard work that coach is putting in. He is racking up the frequent flyer miles! I hope this kid gives Iowa a look.

From the video, he looks like a solid PF. He could create some mismatches on the offensive end at the 4 spot with his ability to extend the defense. He didn't seem overly quick off the dribble, but that isn't usually a main requirement for 6'9" guys. Also, he looked taller than 6'9". He had some decent moves around the basket and seemed to have that knack good shot blockers have. He looks like the type of player that could flourish in Mac's style of ball. Put some more weight on him and I think he could be a very good player. I love the hard work that coach is putting in. He is racking up the frequent flyer miles! I hope this kid gives Iowa a look.

I would say SF in a PF body. Nice form/release on the 3.

Is Creighton recruiting him?

:p