New Mexico plays UNI in the Las Vegas Classic

Re: ~Kq

I just do not agree with you here. I haven't seen New Mexico play yet, but I do know they added a very talented transfer a few games ago. SDSU, BYU, and UNLV are close to being "locks". That is not bad at all for a mid major conference, especially when Xavier, Gonzaga, and Butler have to win their conference tournies to get into the dance this year and the Pac Ten may only produce one team again along with the weakened ACC. That is a lot of openings for a team like New Mexico.

You don't have to agree with me but the MWC is still considered a mid-major conference. There are no 'locks' coming out of any mid-major conference, period.

There are only 34 teams that will get an at-large berth to the tournament. The Big East will easily get 8 and probably 10 this year. The Big10 will get atleast 6 and maybe up to 8. The Big12 will land 6. The ACC will get 5, maybe 6. The SEC will get 4 spots. That's 29 of the available 34 spots (once you deduct the automatic qualifier from those conferences).

There is no room at the inn for the MWC this year or any year.

Direct TV Channel 613 at 9:00. UNI game was on last night as well & I was surprised when I was channel surfing & ran across it. It is the CBSsports channel so look for it on other broadcasting providers.

It appears that UNI is playing much better than they were when they faced Iowa.

I've watched them play several games and the game vs Iowa was the worst I've seen. With the program they have in place I think they will be much better as the season progresses. I sure hope so, cause the NCAA sucks without a team I care about playing.

I've watched them play several games and the game vs Iowa was the worst I've seen. With the program they have in place I think they will be much better as the season progresses. I sure hope so, cause the NCAA sucks without a team I care about playing.
I agree it sucks not having a team in tourney. Both times I saw UNI play this year I did not think they looked very good.

Re: ~Kq

You don't have to agree with me but the MWC is still considered a mid-major conference. There are no 'locks' coming out of any mid-major conference, period.

There are only 34 teams that will get an at-large berth to the tournament. The Big East will easily get 8 and probably 10 this year. The Big10 will get atleast 6 and maybe up to 8. The Big12 will land 6. The ACC will get 5, maybe 6. The SEC will get 4 spots. That's 29 of the available 34 spots (once you deduct the automatic qualifier from those conferences).

There is no room at the inn for the MWC this year or any year.

I never once called the MWC something other than a Mid Major. Butler and Gonzaga have been mid majors and they were locks the last couple of years. I have no clue what you were trying to say right there and BYU and SDSU are basically in the tournament as long as they continue to play as they are now.

As for your conference break down, no way the Big Ten gets 8 teams, and who from the ACC is getting those 5 bids? It is an awful league outside of Duke this year. They could very well be down for Pac Ten like tournament numbers. As I said before, there is a lot of room in the expanded field for these teams.

Love it! It got a little scary with the bad free throw shooting at the end but glad they pulled it out.

Latest posts