New Iowa baseball coach

I have never been wrong on these coaching things...I had multiple people tell me that it is Hendrickson's job and the interview is just a formality!

Hire Gene S. (Lansing Kee) or Denny O. (Decorah). No wait .. .. they're too old by now.

Never mind.

GO HAWKS!!!

Bad baseball is brutal. Good baseball is great to watch. Not boring at all. Its all in your perception.

What you dont like the little league home run? In case you dont know thats when you hit the ball and they over throw the 1st basement then you go to 2nd where they over throw that then 3rd and you score.

What you dont like the little league home run? In case you dont know thats when you hit the ball and they over throw the 1st basement then you go to 2nd where they over throw that then 3rd and you score.

LOL. That happened to me. But it was Babe Ruth. We were playing at Clear Creek. I tapped one to the pitcher and what you described happened. Still remember it 30+ years later.

Something like this happened to my LL team once when I was a kid. The bases were loaded and a slow roller was hit toward the mound. By the time the pitcher got it, his only play was at first. He over-threw the 1B, and the ball rolled all the way to the wall (only about 200-250 ft). The RF had his back turned watching another game, so the first baseman had to run all the way to the wall to get the ball, and by the time he threw it back to the infield, all the runners had scored. My teammate bragged all season about the time he hit a "grand slam."

Something like this happened to my LL team once when I was a kid. The bases were loaded and a slow roller was hit toward the mound. By the time the pitcher got it, his only play was at first. He over-threw the 1B, and the ball rolled all the way to the wall (only about 200-250 ft). The RF had his back turned watching another game, so the first baseman had to run all the way to the wall to get the ball, and by the time he threw it back to the infield, all the runners had scored. My teammate bragged all season about the time he hit a "grand slam."

they didn't have the one base on an overthrow rule? mine did or i would have had a ton of triples or HR's in my lifetime. the only thing i was, was fast.

I coach 11U baseball and had a kid bunt a 3-run homer. Kid is lightning fast with cat-like reflexes. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Laid bunt down perfectly. Pitcher got ball tossed to catcher who missed the tag, then bobbled ball. By this time, the hitter had rounded 1st on his way to 2nd. Catcher quickly throws to 2nd with great throw, but 2nd basement and SS didn't communicate so 2nd basemen pulled up, and ball rolled past to edge of infield. Meanwhile hitter is heading to 3rd, I see all the panic in the defense and send him home knowing the D has to have a perfect throw, catch and tag at home. Didn't happen. I hear opposing coach behind me in dugout say "did he just bunt a home run?"

Well, those are not good signs.

I'm not sure how to take it... I wish they would clarify exactly what they are getting at. Either way it doesn't sound good.

How does a Division 1 program lead a "very unorganized" coaching search?

My irritation level is maxed out with the way the U of I manages to completely F up certain situations that should be very easy to get a grip on. The way their PR department routinely fails to get out in front of bad situations is almost dumbfounding. Sally Mason and the whole administration prefers to keep things on the down low which often results in people assuming the worst. Now the athletic department can't even manage to put into place an effective coaching search?

I know nothing about public relations and I know nothing about being an Athletics Administrator, but some of these things seem very simple. Am I the only one who feels that way?

If Iowa/Big Ten baseball was ever any good (aside from Indiana randomly being awesome this year) I'd probably like the baseball team as much as the football and basketball team.

Let's see ......under the leadership of our current AD we are sitting at the very bottom in the final Director's Cup standings (that were just compiled and published for 2012-2013) among all BIG schools......and some are surprised at how the baseball search is being conducted?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penn State, along with Michigan, gave the Big Ten two top 10 finishes, coming in at No. 6. Here's how other league programs fared:

16. Ohio State
22. Minnesota
24. Nebraska
29. Wisconsin
30. Michigan State
31. Illinois
32. Indiana
40. Northwestern
42. Purdue
65. Iowa

I coach 11U baseball and had a kid bunt a 3-run homer. Kid is lightning fast with cat-like reflexes. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Laid bunt down perfectly. Pitcher got ball tossed to catcher who missed the tag, then bobbled ball. By this time, the hitter had rounded 1st on his way to 2nd. Catcher quickly throws to 2nd with great throw, but 2nd basement and SS didn't communicate so 2nd basemen pulled up, and ball rolled past to edge of infield. Meanwhile hitter is heading to 3rd, I see all the panic in the defense and send him home knowing the D has to have a perfect throw, catch and tag at home. Didn't happen. I hear opposing coach behind me in dugout say "did he just bunt a home run?"

Actually the kid had a fielder's choice with a couple of errors that allowed him to score.

not to be disrespectful, but i dont think that anyone even cares who the next iowa baseball coach will be. i think they should dump the program and use the funds toward other sports.

not to be disrespectful, but i dont think that anyone even cares who the next iowa baseball coach will be. i think they should dump the program and use the funds toward other sports.

I agree. With how awful the wrestling program has become, they should dump baseball and use the money to rebuild.

Latest posts