New conference name idea

batman77

What are some ideas on what the new conference could be named? Something more creative than Big 14 or Big 16?? Lets have some fun with this.................

Well since we only have 12 teams at this point and the Big12 is now left with 11 for the time being, I propose that we trade names they can take the BigTen(11) logo and we will become the Big12.

If they have to change it I say we go back to the Western Conference...I just like the history
I think the pac-10 is going to have to use that name. They wont be the pac-10 really once texas and ok and all those big12 south teams join. More like the Pacific-Rocky Mountain -SouthCentral-Gulf Coast-16

I see the conference staying the Big Ten for the immediate future- they'll find some catchy way to emphasize that tradition is important and wrap in some verbiage about how the phrase "ten" goes beyond total membership- kind of like "perfect ten" or some PR speak like that.

The conference isn't done expanding- if the pac 10 goes to the 16, I think ND starts to take notice and could start the discussion of the eastern expansion phase.

Add Missouri and ND go to 14 teams in 10 states. 10 states, 10 states, 10 states.

Of course this would go down the tubes with Syracuse, Rutgers, and Maryland.

I respect that- but i wonder if it's Rutgers and Maryland next and then ND finally realizes... OH SHIZZZNIT- time to get into a conference- join ND and Mizzou for 16.

If the names change, I will officially boycott using them the way I refuse to call them FBS or FCS. It will always be the big10 or pac10 in my vocabulary.

Maybe they could just have a symbol, like what Prince did a few years ago, and writers and talk show hosts can call it - the conference formerly known as the Big 10. I suggest they use what symbolizes the Big 10's attitude towards the other conferences - a hand flipping the bird - and call it a day.

I really don't think the name will change, and I don't think it should. But if they did change it, I think The Big North conference would work.

Latest posts