New conference name idea

How about the SCC. The Super Central Conference. The Big Ten Network will become the SCCN. That should be easy to differentiate from the SECN on ESPN - don't you think?

This thread is moot! It wil ALWAYS be the Big 10, no matter how many teams it has in it. "Big Ten" is one of the most recognized names in all of sports. You could not buy enough advertising to regain that name recognition or brand loyalty.

Put it in the bank, right now. The name WILL NOT CHANGE! Its just simply a fact.

I know it's been done before, but how about creating a cool logo and not giving it a name at all? People will call it the conference formerly known as the Big Ten and thus, Big Ten will still even though it really isn't called that any longer. It gives credibility to the idea of the conference wanting to be a big academic haven because only those who are really good thinkers will even comprehend the idea of a No Name conference.

LOVE the original name, The Western Conference. Sorry not catching what "42" means?? Am I just stupid or is it an inside thing.

Keep it as the Big Ten

Too much tradition to change and it bugs people that the number doesnt match the actual number of schools. its perfect

how about the "Big, Slow, Non-Southern Speed conference". That's how the nation perceives our conference anyway

LOVE the original name, The Western Conference. Sorry not catching what "42" means?? Am I just stupid or is it an inside thing.

I believe they are referring to "the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything," from the Hitchhikers Guide.

Depends. If it is 12 i say keep it Big 10 for now.

If it goes to 16:

Super 16

or

Upper Tier Conference

I just hope what's left of the Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, ISU) become their own conference:

The Little 4

ISU has a good chance to win that league year in and year out!

Fraternity (of) Universities (and) Colleges (in) Kind Offering Friendship (and) Foundation (for) Scholasticly Ethical Colleges

or

F.U.C.K.O.F.F.S.E.C. ;)

Latest posts