New Commit!?

who knows, maybe the kid wants to keep it under wraps till signing day? stranger things have happened.

My guess is that it's probably Alston.

Also, given our whiff on Armstead Williams (and an obvious future need at WR) ... I'm really embracing the view that the coaches intend to give Duzey a look at WR first.

I'm wondering if that might give the Hawks more of a shot with taking the angle of landing Tabb by saying that he could get a shot at TE first.

If Alston ends up being a Hawkeye ... that could maybe help us have a little bit more pull with Tabb.

Furthermore, given that RichRod got canned at Michigan ... that possibly could have helped Iowa to have some shot with Tabb (I hope).

Lastly, with how things seem to be working out at recruiting at DB ... I'm inclined to believe that Iowa might land some mix of Perry, Harrington, Hendy, and Pitts (although I think that Pitts could potentially get a shot at RB first ... especially given all our recent attrition).

Could it also be Aaron Lynch????? He decommitted from FSU today.......Is Iowa still in for his services? Or will the Hawks take a chance on a guy that has already decommitted twice?

Could it also be Aaron Lynch????? He decommitted from FSU today.......Is Iowa still in for his services? Or will the Hawks take a chance on a guy that has already decommitted twice?

Aaron Lynch doesnt know what he wants to do at midnight let alone where he wants to play football.

I have a conspiracy theory on this one...

Usually we hear who the new commit is within an hour or two or EJ's tweets, right? But we still haven't, to which I've heard someone guess that it is because the person de-committed from another team and is waiting to get in touch with that team's coaching staff before breaking the news. So which coaching staff(s) wouldn't have been available this weekend? How about Boston College and Nevada (from playing in the Fight Hunger Bowl last night), and Oregon and Auburn (who play in the NCG tonight). So which recruits did we lose out to one of these four teams?

The only one that comes to mind is Christian French...

Signing day is Wed Feb 2, not Feb 3.

The reason we havent heard who new commit is, altho guess on Alston is good, is that it was announced on Saturday night. That is not a good time for contacting families and players, etc about if they committed. It would have been after 9 00 pm for most. Would YOU want people calling you at that time?

Iowa cant say who the player is and if the player chooses not to make announcement, then it is not easy to get the info. I dont think Jon even pursues that avenue any more. Howe at Scout and Tom and Blair at Rivals are people who do that and they do it to the best of their abilities.

Things are going to heat up in next couple weeks with some recruits going elsewhere and, most probably, a surprise commit or two. That is way it happens every year.

I just said it was a theory, and when I named French it was more because he was the only one I could think of rather than I thought it actually is him. Is it possible that the recruit decided not to come out, or will make a signing day announcement? Absolutely. Is it possible that it's someone who the "experts" have never heard of? Sure. But what I'm saying is that it's also plausible that, if the recruit had been previously committed elsewhere, he may not have been able to reach the coaches at that school to tell them first. BC, Nevada, Oregon, and Auburn all fit the bill in terms of the coaches not being available for reach.

Aaron Lynch doesnt know what he wants to do at midnight let alone where he wants to play football.

To be fair to him, Florida State is his first "real" decommitment, IMO. It really seemed like he only committed to Notre Dame because that's where his mom wanted (tried to force him) to go. There was something like his grandfather (obviously his mom's father) had his ashes spread on the turf at ND, or something like that. From what I read when he opened up his recruitment again, he didn't sound like he was ever that enthused about Notre Dame.

Signing day is Wed Feb 2, not Feb 3.

The reason we havent heard who new commit is, altho guess on Alston is good, is that it was announced on Saturday night. That is not a good time for contacting families and players, etc about if they committed. It would have been after 9 00 pm for most. Would YOU want people calling you at that time?

Iowa cant say who the player is and if the player chooses not to make announcement, then it is not easy to get the info. I dont think Jon even pursues that avenue any more. Howe at Scout and Tom and Blair at Rivals are people who do that and they do it to the best of their abilities.

Things are going to heat up in next couple weeks with some recruits going elsewhere and, most probably, a surprise commit or two. That is way it happens every year.

Jon was a visionary in figuring out that Twitter and Facebook and things like that will eventually lead to the end of the pay boards. Tom and Blair look like fools every time EJ announces a new addition to the Hawkeye family and they can't tell their pay subscribers who it is before everyone else knows.

Jon was a visionary in figuring out that Twitter and Facebook and things like that will eventually lead to the end of the pay boards. Tom and Blair look like fools every time EJ announces a new addition to the Hawkeye family and they can't tell their pay subscribers who it is before everyone else knows.

or Iowa wants those making money off of recruiting news to stop making money that way......

To be fair to him, Florida State is his first "real" decommitment, IMO. It really seemed like he only committed to Notre Dame because that's where his mom wanted (tried to force him) to go. There was something like his grandfather (obviously his mom's father) had his ashes spread on the turf at ND, or something like that. From what I read when he opened up his recruitment again, he didn't sound like he was ever that enthused about Notre Dame.
Lynch and his family spread the grandfathers ashes at ND on his visit. His mother is insistent on ND and Lynch will probably cave and end up there. Feel terrible for the kid if he goes somewhere he really doesn't want to be, that's a horrible thing to do to a kid....

Lynch and his family spread the grandfathers ashes at ND on his visit. His mother is insistent on ND and Lynch will probably cave and end up there. Feel terrible for the kid if he goes somewhere he really doesn't want to be, that's a horrible thing to do to a kid....

Agreed...he's going to be at whatever school he chooses, for at least 3 years (barring transfer)...he needs to be where he's going to be happy. If he wants to be miserable for 3 years, he should just get married...

Agreed...he's going to be at whatever school he chooses, for at least 3 years (barring transfer)...he needs to be where he's going to be happy. If he wants to be miserable for 3 years, he should just get married...

Bazinga!

41gNtfl7HlL.jpg