New Commit?

Raziel

Just got a tweet from coach Johnson that we got a new commit tonight...anyone got any ideas?

I love that EJ always tweets things like this. The speculation and the waiting to find out who the next member of the Hawkeye family is, is the best part!

Maybe a RB this time? A commitment from Coe would be fantastic!

My dream scenario sees Iowa landing both Coe and Hayes....man would that be one hell of a 1/2 punch.

My guess for this commit: Melvin Gordon.

No offense to French intended. He's just not anywhere near to the top of my wish list. I've read a ton of stuff about him and about his athleticism and speed and measurables which is great. The one thing missing in every single article is anything saying he's a good football player. I may end up being TOTALLY wrong, and honestly hope I am, but I don't think he ends up being much of a factor. I also don't see him being a hawkeye. Again, just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong on all counts.

I feel like French will probably end up a Domer. No information to back that up, just a gut feeling. His measurables are great but that doesn't always translate to success on the field. That said, if we do land him I think KF and the rest of the coaching staff will find a place for him even if it's not TE.

Christian Ballard was a solid TE prospect until he put his hand on the ground and did DL drills at the Scout/Iowa City camp.

True

And he has a great frame to add weight and make a great DE.

No way could he get up to 290-300 like Ballard though, Christian is pretty thin for 220.

Think Julius Peppers (physically)

Hayes is the prospect that gets me the most excited. His highlights are outstanding. He has moves on moves in the open field. Hoping it is him or Arnett.

822996.jpg

Riley McMinn DE runs a 4.6 at 6'7 220

If true, he picked Iowa over offers from...Boston College,Illinois,Indiana,Kansas,Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Great pick up

Last edited:

Latest posts