New Commit Akrum Wadley

It's fascinating in hindsight that Wadley's only other offer was from Temple. When he was offered by and then committed to Temple in January 2013, the Owls were in their first month under new coach Matt Rhule. They went on to win 20 games in 15 and 16 (Rhule's 3rd and 4th years and what would have probably been Wadley's junior and senior years) before Rhule headed to Baylor.

You can tell by the way he carries the ball that this guy is going to have fumbling problems.
You can also tell he has problems picking up his feet higher than normal, especially when he's near the endzone. Might end up being a problem when he sees more playing time.

Jeeze, people were awfully harsh when Akrum signed...those same people probably bashed the coaching staff when Josey Jewel signed.

Yep. That's why I don't overreact when we sign less heralded recruits. Kirk has shown if nothing else that he has an eye for the diamonds in the rough.

I was saying Wadley might be better than Greene when he was a sophomore playing behind Weisman. I still think his talent back then was worth the risk of fumbles.

Yep. That's why I don't overreact when we sign less heralded recruits. Kirk has shown if nothing else that he has an eye for the diamonds in the rough.

I think Kirk has some good contacts around football that he really trusts. And when they tell him to look into a guy like Wadley, he actually does.

Latest posts