NET Rankings (with updates)

Put me down for a 6-3/6-2 finish.
I admire your optimism but I'm a bit more toward the .500 percentage.

On a different NET ranking observation............it's surprising to me that WI stands at #19 and we're at #21. Would think the separation would be much wider comparing some of their data vs ours.

I admire your optimism but I'm a bit more toward the .500 percentage.

On a different NET ranking observation............it's surprising to me that WI stands at #19 and we're at #21. Would think the separation would be much wider comparing some of their data vs ours.
Computers never lie!!

With the win last night Iowa picked up another quad 2 win. They moved up 1 spot to #19 so it didn't move the needle very much. The next game against Nebraska will not move the needle much unless they were too lose. Nebraska has a net of 177 so it's a Quad 4 game, Iowa's win over Longwood (which is a Quad 3) carries more weight.

1644591347981.png
1644591423360.png

L
W
L (torn on this one, could be a win)
L
L (this could go either way as well, but it is a road game)
W
L
L

And then, who knows where the Ohio St game ends up, but add another L there as well.

Best case, I think they fall short of 5 wins in the rest of the regular season (4 wins) and need a win in the Big Ten Tournament. Otherwise with 4 more regular season wins (and a loss in the BTT) they would be sweating it out on selection Sunday. Maybe perhaps a play-in game for an 11 seed.

Spot on prediction that didn't last a day.

Wonderful, now Iowa doesn't have any quad 1 wins. Plus it dropped us to 20th on the NET.
Only team among the current NET top 40 ranked that does not have one. Need to remove that wart from our resume. I think our MSU home game may be our best chance to change that stat and that assumes MSU will stay in the Top 30 on NET by season end. They're sitting at #26 currently.

Only team among the current NET top 40 ranked that does not have one. Need to remove that wart from our resume. I think our MSU home game may be our best chance to change that stat and that assumes MSU will stay in the Top 30 on NET by season end. They're sitting at #26 currently.
Yeah, it makes you nervous. Now I care about Murray St. games. I am checking up on Loyola Chicago and St. Mary...it is that time of year.

Yeah, it makes you nervous. Now I care about Murray St. games. I am checking up on Loyola Chicago and St. Mary...it is that time of year.
When I last checked Loyola Chicago was laying a beat down on UNI this afternoon.

One bracketologist has Iowa as a seven seed drawing ten seed Loyola.

Iowa dropped 2 spots to #21 on the NET rankings. Iowa is still solidly in the tournament but the loss last night makes the road much tougher. They will have to pull off an upset now to get in IMO.

The funny/sad part of the loss last night is it could make Michigan a Quad 1 loss. What's 1 more Quad 1 loss right?

capture.jpg

The win last night moved Iowa up to 18. They did not gain a Quad 1 win since the margin of defeat for MSU knocked them all the way down to 33 but holding MSU to 60 points was huge for Iowa's defensive efficiency which is why they moved up a notch.

Up next is @ Nebraska, which will be a Quad 3 game so it probably won't have an impact on Iowa's NET ranking, unless Iowa loses.

capture.jpg

BTW, root for Virgina to knock off Duke again tonight.

Virginia is right on the edge of that top 75 rating, which would give Iowa another Q1 win. Michigan and Michigan state at 33 and 35 respectively are close too. I think Iowa ends up with another Q1 win by the end of the season from a team they've already beaten.

Regardless I think Iowa is already in and I think they are just playing for seeding now.

Virginia is right on the edge of that top 75 rating, which would give Iowa another Q1 win. Michigan and Michigan state at 33 and 35 respectively are close too. I think Iowa ends up with another Q1 win by the end of the season from a team they've already beaten.

Regardless I think Iowa is already in and I think they are just playing for seeding now.

I still think they need 1 more win, I think losing out puts them on the bubble. Can't lose both @Nebraska and Northwestern and expect to get in. That would put two quad 3 losses on their resume.

I still think they need 1 more win, I think losing out puts them on the bubble. Can't lose both @Nebraska and Northwestern and expect to get in. That would put two quad 3 losses on their resume.

This is probably correct but the players and coaches are focused on one game at a time and I would say they are really focused on each possession at a time at each end of the court. If they can really concentrate on running that offense, getting their good shots for each player, and shooting well then they will outscore most teams in the Big and in tourneys. Add to that if they focus on their really good defensive schemes, positioning, and rebounding then that will hold opponent's offenses down enough to get these wins.

I am sure Mich will come out with a big chip on their shoulders after their last shit show.

Yea, don't shit the bed to Nebraska. That would loose all the steam Iowa has going now.

This is probably correct but the players and coaches are focused on one game at a time and I would say they are really focused on each possession at a time at each end of the court. If they can really concentrate on running that offense, getting their good shots for each player, and shooting well then they will outscore most teams in the Big and in tourneys. Add to that if they focus on their really good defensive schemes, positioning, and rebounding then that will hold opponent's offenses down enough to get these wins.

I am sure Mich will come out with a big chip on their shoulders after their last shit show.
Lol. Of course if a team did everything above they'd come out on top.

But, narrowing it down for this Iowa team, it comes down to limiting possessions for the opposing team thru rebounding and continuing to turn teams over. Iowa typically scores enough. When they give up possessions to rebounding, they lose.

1645638665413.png