Nebraska or Arizona, who would you rather play in a bowl game?

My hatred for Nebraska make me want to play them more than a rematch with AZ. KSU really isn't very good, so NE looked a lot better than they are.

Nebraska in a BCS bowl.(Fiesta?) I'd like our chances and it would guarantee that the start of our Big 10 rivalry would also be a revenge matchup.

How about Iowa vs. the Cornholes in the National Championship Game? We would destroy them and their fans would be devastated. It's still possible. I don't really have any interest in Arizona, they beat us when we played as poorly as we possibly could. I'm over it.

How about Iowa vs. the Cornholes in the National Championship Game? We would destroy them and their fans would be devastated. It's still possible. I don't really have any interest in Arizona, they beat us when we played as poorly as we possibly could. I'm over it.
Be careful what you wish for. I can't see Iowa scoring more than 10 points against NU's d, and before you start the "KSU/UW/Idaho's defenses suck" chant, Martinez is going to make alot of defenses look silly this year. If Iowa can contain Robinson (not sure if you even play) then we might talk.

We will know more after next saturday's games.

Be careful what you wish for. I can't see Iowa scoring more than 10 points against NU's d, and before you start the "KSU/UW/Idaho's defenses suck" chant, Martinez is going to make alot of defenses look silly this year. If Iowa can contain Robinson (not sure if you even play) then we might talk.

Agree, Martinez will make some look silly this year. he will also likely have a freshman molment or two. I don't think it will cost the Huskers though unless it comes in the B12 champ game. I think the huskers roll until then.

An Iowa Neb match up would be a great game. Both D's are very good, Iowa's IMHO bettter. I think Iowa could move the ball vs Neb and Neb would have better luck than most vs Ia D. Good game of 2 legit top 10 teams iMHO. Storng, ballanced and physical teams...would be great.

FYI: I look for Iowa to control (not shut down) Robinson and to win by 2 scores next week. Robinson will get his, but not like he has been.

Norm would shut their ignorant option offense down just like we shut down Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Iowa vs. Nebraska would not be a close game.

Tough one. I love the revenge factor with AZ, but I think Neb mainly because we both have great teams this year. Next yr Iowa loses a ton to graduation so our chances go down.

I have quickly developed a dislike for Neb. Their fans will not soon lose their sense of entitlement or arrogance. They haven't beaten a ranked team forever and their only chance this yr could be OK, assuming they both make B12 title game 'cuz the rest of their entire reg season schedule is cake.

Umm, that's why it's called an upset? Arizona was the better team that night, but they are not the better team overall.

I don't buy that. When the chips were down, and the game was on the line, AZ stepped up and Iowa withered.

The thing that upset me the most about that game was not the fact tha twe lost, but how we lost; Namely our stud defense got shredded for a long drive when they needed a stop, and the usually great Iowa O-Line turned into a screen door when we needed to give the comeback kid a chance.

They didn't win on a fluke or luck. They punched our defense in the mouth, then turned around and punched our offense in the mouth, both times when the game was on the line. That makes them the better team.

That being said, I would rather we play them again and redeem ourselves.

Hands down AZ. Iowa will get it's shot at Nebby.

That being said, I'll take either in a Bowl Game, because for that to happen it'll be either the Rose Bowl (AZ) or the Fiesta Bowl (NE). I think all of us Hawk fans can live with this.

Definitely Zona.....

Payback time and atonement for prior sins and sub-par execution.

I want to see Knobraska bite the Kishka in Big 10 play....JMO

DDHawkeye said:
Norm would shut their ignorant option offense down just like we shut down Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Iowa vs. Nebraska would not be a close game.

Nebraska is twice as physical as Ga Tech. Way different ball game.
Uh, that. NU does not run an "option offense." It's not 1997 anymore. Before you start typing, know what you are talking about.

arizona so we can shut up their cracker fans

i'm white so its okay that i say that. my girlfriend is white too

Awesome post. Since my white cracker butt was in Tucson as well, I'm going with Arizona in the Rose Bowl. Pay them back athousandfold.

I don't buy that. When the chips were down, and the game was on the line, AZ stepped up and Iowa withered.

The thing that upset me the most about that game was not the fact tha twe lost, but how we lost; Namely our stud defense got shredded for a long drive when they needed a stop, and the usually great Iowa O-Line turned into a screen door when we needed to give the comeback kid a chance.

They didn't win on a fluke or luck. They punched our defense in the mouth, then turned around and punched our offense in the mouth, both times when the game was on the line. That makes them the better team.

That being said, I would rather we play them again and redeem ourselves.

Not sure if you're an actual Iowa fan, but I'll bite:

-Iowa was way behind for most of the game. That has an effect on a defense.
-It was 100 degrees at gametime. I personally feel the D was pretty tired at the end of the game. Clayborn was taking himself out from time to time, I believe.

I agree that Arizona drove the field, but I think if circumstances were even a little different, that doesn't happen 80% of the time.

If that game doesn't get to 27-7, I don't think we see the game end the way it did. Heck, I was there and was dying for more water!

I don't think teams really ever recover from a pick six, a punt block on the 15 yard line, and a kickoff return for a TD all in the SAME game. Zona scored a couple of real offensive TDs. Meh.

Latest posts