Nebby Prediction

LifeHawk

I think if CJ has a big day, love to see 2 touchdowns, we will win. Nebby will be geared up to stop our run game, and will Blitz Vandy often. I like single coverage on CJ.

I think if CJ has a big day, love to see 2 touchdowns, we will win. Nebby will be geared up to stop our run game, and will Blitz Vandy often. I like single coverage on CJ.

you started a prediction thread without predicting a score?

images

unnecessary use of *****, I know

Nebraska will be sky high for this one. They will blitz the heck out of us...which could work to our advantage. They are very banged up on their defensive and offensive lines. I think the key for us is to run between the tackles and set up the play action stuff. Pelini's are notorious blitz happy guys in big games. James will have to get outside the box this week and look to run a few times! Our defense will have to play inspired their mobile QB, option, and speed will be tough for us to handle.
Key will be field position, and turnovers. I really look for Iowa to play inspired football.

This is a huge game for Iowa. With all the turmoil this year, finishing 8-4 and beating Nebraska would make this season feel so much better. I think this is the one game Iowa gets up for emotionally this year.

Iowa- 27
Nebraska- 24

Nebraska will be sky high for this one. They will blitz the heck out of us...which could work to our advantage. They are very banged up on their defensive and offensive lines. I think the key for us is to run between the tackles and set up the play action stuff. Pelini's are notorious blitz happy guys in big games. James will have to get outside the box this week and look to run a few times! Our defense will have to play inspired their mobile QB, option, and speed will be tough for us to handle.
Key will be field position, and turnovers. I really look for Iowa to play inspired football.

You think so? I think they might be in the tank after last week. They were pre-season B10 faves, BCS or bust and now all of that is gone.

Either team can win, but the edge to Neb. at home. 28-24.

1. Bo will get ejected for punching Martinez, who will
2. then quit the team on the spot leaving the back up to play.
3. At halftime, Carl Pelini will accidentally lock himself in the equipment room and be unavailable to coach the second half
4. JVB will split time with Marvin McNutt at QB and McNutt will operate the spread zone read and Iowa will score 73 points.

Without a coach or a QB or a DC, nebraska will score 2 points on an intentional safety taken by iowa so that the hawks don't have to punt out of their own endzone.

Or, none of the above will happen and Nebraska will win. Somewhere in between is the likely outcome. In my opinion, the team that scores the most points has the better shot at winning the game.

1. Bo will get ejected for punching Martinez, who will
2. then quit the team on the spot leaving the back up to play.
3. At halftime, Carl Pelini will accidentally lock himself in the equipment room and be unavailable to coach the second half
4. JVB will split time with Marvin McNutt at QB and McNutt will operate the spread zone read and Iowa will score 73 points.

Without a coach or a QB or a DC, nebraska will score 2 points on an intentional safety taken by iowa so that the hawks don't have to punt out of their own endzone.

Or, none of the above will happen and Nebraska will win. Somewhere in between is the likely outcome. In my opinion, the team that scores the most points has the better shot at winning the game.

I'd prefer we run the triple option.

ok, I will go with 24 to 21 good guys. they will blitz the crap out of us all day. this will not allow McNutt to get deep. I think we will see a lot of double tight, slant patterns, tight ends will het some action. Coker will be relegated to picking up the blitz. Hawks win!

Mike Stoops will drive Norm's golf cart out onto the field to yell at the officals and crash into T-magic ala Happy Gilmore.

Tim Tebow will heal T-Magic on the sideline.

The newly circumcised Martinez will suddenly become unstoppable and gash the Hawks for 400 yards on the ground. Nebby wins 43-17.

You think so? I think they might be in the tank after last week. They were pre-season B10 faves, BCS or bust and now all of that is gone.

Either team can win, but the edge to Neb. at home. 28-24.

I think you have a good point here.

When watching Nebraska they have been beaten by teams that had deep threats, Toon, Aberdarus, the Michigan recieversthe Wiscy TE had a big day as well and Northwestern beat them deep a couple of times as too. I think they will play our running game tough and it will be up to McNutt, Davis, Fedor, and Martin Manley. playaction should also be a factor in this game as well and if they kick it to Canzeri I expect big return from him. Going with my heart here. Iowa gets up by 2 scores and makes it close usual.

Iowa 34
Nebraska 30

Too early to predict. I will just watch and see what happens. I'm going to Omaha for TG so I'll be in the midst of in-laws whom favor Big Red. I sure would love for the Hawks to stick it to them in Lincoln and get a lead in the modern era series. It will also be nice to smile and not say a word knowing they didn't measure up this year and they know it. We'll have to wait and see.

OSU ran the ball down their throats, NW torched them on long passes. I'd say if Vandy doesn't get rattled and Iowa stays away from horizontal plays where Nebby can use it's lateral speed, Iowa has a chance. I think as long as Iowa's D is disciplined (like Michigan) they should be ok. You can't let Martinez get loose.

Nebraska has an ache in their stomachs, similar to the ache we felt in our bellies last year at the end of the season. Our players tried but coud not ignore the disappointment and lost their "edge" to win. This season has been a disappointment for NU. Perhaps they weren't quite as excited going into this year as we were last year, but fairly close. The games where you see teams come out to vent their frustration, and revenge a loss from week previous, usually occur toward the beginning or middle of a season, where the season still has real meaning. Like our "coming out" against Mich State last year. But this is the last game of the season and it has officially been very humbling for Nebraska players and fans. Players usually "get up" for rivalry games, but lets face facts, this is not yet a rivalry and these players have no special emotion toward each other, any more than a standard conference game. They will still have a home field advantage, but we take a somewhat more "nothing to lose" attitude into this game. That will be the difference. Hawks 31 Huskers 21.

Latest posts