Nebby Prediction

Nebby mostly holds Coke Machine in check-28 for 101. Vandy has best day of his career-28-36 402 4tds. MM has 13 for 223 and 3tds one coming on the reverse. Iowa 38 Nebby 21. it's 24-7 at half and Memorial goes eerily quiet. Doesn't this sound great?!?!?! Really, who the **** knows with these to Jeckyl and Hyde teams.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT, YES I AM YELLING
Ouch.....

Ears-Bleeding.JPG

I feel better about this game than I did early in the season. Nebraska has been through a very tough first B1G season, and they have been pounded game after game, just like the rest of the teams. At least the Hawkeyes are conditioned to the brutal battles.....

Hawkeyes, 27-24.....

:)

Last edited:
Nebraska will be sky high for this one. They will blitz the heck out of us...which could work to our advantage. They are very banged up on their defensive and offensive lines. I think the key for us is to run between the tackles and set up the play action stuff. Pelini's are notorious blitz happy guys in big games. James will have to get outside the box this week and look to run a few times! Our defense will have to play inspired their mobile QB, option, and speed will be tough for us to handle.
Key will be field position, and turnovers. I really look for Iowa to play inspired football.
Disagree with the 2 bolded sections. I have a feeling we will be flat for this game. The Pelini’s rarely blitz, which drives me, and many other Husker fans crazy.

When watching Nebraska they have been beaten by teams that had deep threats, Toon, Aberdarus, the Michigan recievers
Disagree. It is teams with fast, scrambling qb’s that give us a problem. Iowa doesn’t have that.

Iowa 42 - Nebby 10
You are arrogant and insufferable.

Nebraska has an ache in their stomachs, similar to the ache we felt in our bellies last year at the end of the season. Our players tried but coud not ignore the disappointment and lost their "edge" to win. This season has been a disappointment for NU. Perhaps they weren't quite as excited going into this year as we were last year, but fairly close. The games where you see teams come out to vent their frustration, and revenge a loss from week previous, usually occur toward the beginning or middle of a season, where the season still has real meaning. Like our "coming out" against Mich State last year. But this is the last game of the season and it has officially been very humbling for Nebraska players and fans. Players usually "get up" for rivalry games, but lets face facts, this is not yet a rivalry and these players have no special emotion toward each other, any more than a standard conference game. They will still have a home field advantage, but we take a somewhat more "nothing to lose" attitude into this game. That will be the difference. Hawks 31 Huskers 21.
Good assessment.

"Good assessment."

My prediction might be a little homer, but at least my reasoning is why I think it will be a good game.

gonna be a long morning-early afternoon. We get off to a horrible start and by the time we figure things out it's too late.
Neb 31
Iowa 17

When watching Nebraska they have been beaten by teams that had deep threats, Toon, Aberdarus, the Michigan recieversthe Wiscy TE had a big day as well and Northwestern beat them deep a couple of times as too.

Okay, if the tape says they are susceptible deep, I project a steady dose of run plays against 9 in the box, followed by a steady does of Guthrie, followed by a steady dose of a gassed defense. If Ferentz would just let O'Keefe run the offense, I think we would win big, but he won't, so I think we lose big unless O'Keefe gets to take the training wheels off this week.

I think the emotional side of things is on our side (they had their sights set sky-high and had them harshly destroyed last week)...as well as the early kickoff (I feel like we've played the 11am kickoff 7 weeks in a row).

This is a huge game for Iowa. With all the turmoil this year, finishing 8-4 and beating Nebraska would make this season feel so much better. I think this is the one game Iowa gets up for emotionally this year.

Iowa- 27
Nebraska- 24

What turmoil? This has been one of the quietest seasons in terms of turmoil and off-field drama that I can remember. The Hawks have followed up every single loss with an impressive win and have seemed focused and disciplined all year. I have no reason to doubt they'll take that same approach to this game, and I like the way they match up with the Huskers.

When watching Nebraska they have been beaten by teams that had deep threats, Toon, Aberdarus, the Michigan recieversthe Wiscy TE had a big day as well and Northwestern beat them deep a couple of times as too.
Okay, if the tape says they are susceptible deep, I project a steady dose of run plays against 9 in the box, followed by a steady does of Guthrie, followed by a steady dose of a gassed defense. If Ferentz would just let O'Keefe run the offense, I think we would win big, but he won't, so I think we lose big unless O'Keefe gets to take the training wheels off this week.
Are you suggesting that our Play calling isn't good. Blaspheme. :)

Depends on which Iowa team shows up to play. From a rivarly perspective, I think the fans have more fire than the team. Many of them didn't grow up in Western Iowa having to listen to Nebraska fans. Most of them probably have no idea what this means to some fans.

If Vandy and the receivers are on, it'll be close and we might pull out a win. If we're off at all and Coker can't get moving, Nebby wins 24-21. Hope I'm wrong.

Nebraska will be sky high for this one. They will blitz the heck out of us...which could work to our advantage. They are very banged up on their defensive and offensive lines. I think the key for us is to run between the tackles and set up the play action stuff. Pelini's are notorious blitz happy guys in big games. James will have to get outside the box this week and look to run a few times! Our defense will have to play inspired their mobile QB, option, and speed will be tough for us to handle.
Key will be field position, and turnovers. I really look for Iowa to play inspired football.
Disagree with the 2 bolded sections. I have a feeling we will be flat for this game. The Pelini�s rarely blitz, which drives me, and many other Husker fans crazy.
When watching Nebraska they have been beaten by teams that had deep threats, Toon, Aberdarus, the Michigan recievers
Disagree. It is teams with fast, scrambling qb�s that give us a problem. Iowa doesn�t have that.
Iowa 42 - Nebby 10
You are arrogant and insufferable.
Nebraska has an ache in their stomachs, similar to the ache we felt in our bellies last year at the end of the season. Our players tried but coud not ignore the disappointment and lost their "edge" to win. This season has been a disappointment for NU. Perhaps they weren't quite as excited going into this year as we were last year, but fairly close. The games where you see teams come out to vent their frustration, and revenge a loss from week previous, usually occur toward the beginning or middle of a season, where the season still has real meaning. Like our "coming out" against Mich State last year. But this is the last game of the season and it has officially been very humbling for Nebraska players and fans. Players usually "get up" for rivalry games, but lets face facts, this is not yet a rivalry and these players have no special emotion toward each other, any more than a standard conference game. They will still have a home field advantage, but we take a somewhat more "nothing to lose" attitude into this game. That will be the difference. Hawks 31 Huskers 21.
Good assessment.

Beat me to it 74. Nebby doesn't blitz a lot. Like us, really.

Want to go with my heart and pick Hawks, but do think they cover, but lose 31-30.

"Good assessment."

My prediction might be a little homer, but at least my reasoning is why I think it will be a good game.
I meant that honestly. You were very sound and rational in your reasoning.

I have no idea how this game will play out.

Latest posts