Nebby only had 270+ yards of offense

Martinez is a fast athlete who can’t make reads or throw guys open or drop passes inbetween defenders. He’s a mediocre quarterback, a poor man’s Randle El.

IDK, but Nebraska has a real shot at losing this game. It's pretty close from what I can tell so far. If Colorado didn't allow so many opposing fans in (environment) I would start to wonder if Martinez can clear the mechanism. He gets hit a few times and things start to go wrong like this week (against at best equal but probably slightly lesser competition). This one could get ugly for them. Remember he is young.
Looks like elite sports book has them at -4.5 at this time, so these sentiments are reflected.
Tough call. Something to think about.
They have us at -21 at this time.
They are slow coming out with the lines but they are coming out.

Just put a little on Louisville @+19 and the under @54.5 for tonight's game.

[QUOTE="4thngoal, post: 1860772, member: 82634"

Just put a little on Louisville @+19 and the under @54.5 for tonight's game.[/QUOTE]

Whew that was close. But it all worked out.

Yea, I realize it was only week 1 and Northwestern came on strong after starting bad in 2018, but, I'm going to take both Nebby and Northwestern out as contenders in the West.

Just heard Frost on Sirius radio say “this isn’t the team on offense I’ve been watching all camp. We’re going to figure out what happened.” Could it be that the Nebraska offense was going against the Nebraska defense?:)
They need to switch from kool-aid to gatorade.

93 yards on 44 carries. If Nebrasks can't line up against the worst team in the Sun Belt and run the ball they have more issues than anyone realizes. 44 carries should get 200+ yards. This team is horrible at the line of scrimmage and has been for years. The trend during the offseason was that Nebraska will go as far as Martinez takes them. He was a wreck yesterday and without the normally rare defensive and special teams TDs they lose to South freaking Alabama. I'd say the analysis was pretty spot on.

Purdue and Minny did not look good either. Outside of Wisconsin and Iowa the B1G West did not look good at all but it's only 1 game. Things can change quickly.
This is true. Lot's of West teams got better as the year went on last year.
I said awhile ago when the Nebsters were getting a bunch of hype to win the west, I just don't think they have the depth. It's going to take them a few years to get that in order. The worst part about that is exactly what we are seeing with the playing of someone charged with a felony. That win now at all costs attitude when rebuilding isn't good for the athletes either.

As for their game this week? I'm still up in the air. I'm waiting until the rest of the lines come out and trying to figure out where the best value is.
I scanned the available lines last night and found a couple that seemed interesting but again I'm waiting until all the action is out for the games.

I picked Nebraska week 1 of the survivor pool because I thought there was a real chance they could lose to Colorado in week 2. Seems people are finally catching up to me :)

Frost warning prep kit
Snowflake_IHG-4.jpg

clip_image001.jpg

Just heard Frost on Sirius radio say “this isn’t the team on offense I’ve been watching all camp. We’re going to figure out what happened.” Could it be that the Nebraska offense was going against the Nebraska defense?:)

No doubt. It's like when Fran used to say that Josh Oglesby was the best shooter he'd ever seen and was just killing it every practice. Well duh, of course he was, he was shooting against the worst defensive team in the B1G!

The narrative with Nebraska this year seemed to be that Nebraska will go as Martinez goes. That's such BS. He was great last year and they went 4-8.

The narrative SHOULD BE that Nebraska will go as far as their trench play will take them. If they can learn how to be physical at the point of attack on the OL and DL, then with their schedule, they should be successful.

But based on Game #1, they look exactly the same in the trenches as they've looked since Pelini left....

No doubt. It's like when Fran used to say that Josh Oglesby was the best shooter he'd ever seen and was just killing it every practice. Well duh, of course he was, he was shooting against the worst defensive team in the B1G!

The narrative with Nebraska this year seemed to be that Nebraska will go as Martinez goes. That's such BS. He was great last year and they went 4-8.

The narrative SHOULD BE that Nebraska will go as far as their trench play will take them. If they can learn how to be physical at the point of attack on the OL and DL, then with their schedule, they should be successful.

But based on Game #1, they look exactly the same in the trenches as they've looked since Pelini left....

Football is like cars, there is no replacement for displacement.
I think they are in a spot where their best ball needs to come early in the season. They probably need to be in a race to get enough wins to make a bowl. Then get healthy and try and win a bowl. They need to get the W's early because while they have it easy this year, in not very long they have OSU, Northwestern and MN. Those could all be loses. Then Indiana. Then Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland and Iowa. If Maryland is healthy they have the fire power to out shoot Nebraska. That game will come down to who has the most left at game time.

Last edited:
I jumped on that right away and got Colorado at +4 1/2 feeling pretty good about this one.
I've been doing a little thinking about the game, I would just feel more comfortable after seeing all action on all games. Which unfortunately on Tuesday evening all sports book elite is offering is game lines. I don't like that at all. I like to just go on make my bets and be done. This checking to see what lines they are going to offer and when is complete bs.

Yea, I realize it was only week 1 and Northwestern came on strong after starting bad in 2018, but, I'm going to take both Nebby and Northwestern out as contenders in the West.
Why not?
Glen Mason and Urban Meyer put Wisconsin and Iowa as favorites.

Latest posts