NE has had toughschedules, but not that bad . . . ,

StickUP

I'm tired of reading about NE's tough BIG10 schedules. Thier fans talk about it all the time, and their AD talked about it being unfair this week. They keep saying the BIG10 hasn't done them any favorites.

I was curious how it compared to Iowas since NE joined the BIG10. I looked at how often Iowa and Nebraska played the top 3 teams in the other division.

Since NE joined the BIG10, NE has played the teams that finished in the top 3, 14 times. Iowa has played the top 3, 13 times. Only a difference of 1 game in 9 years.

Since the BIG10 went to East and West divisions, each team has played 8 teams that finished in the top 3.

2020 looks to be a tougher schedule for NE, but all the other results are based on actual results, not predicted finishes.

Sorry its another NE thread, but I had to look at it just to see if its really that unfair.

I'm tired of reading about NE's tough BIG10 schedules. Thier fans talk about it all the time, and their AD talked about it being unfair this week. They keep saying the BIG10 hasn't done them any favorites.

I was curious how it compared to Iowas since NE joined the BIG10. I looked at how often Iowa and Nebraska played the top 3 teams in the other division.

Since NE joined the BIG10, NE has played the teams that finished in the top 3, 14 times. Iowa has played the top 3, 13 times. Only a difference of 1 game in 9 years.

Since the BIG10 went to East and West divisions, each team has played 8 teams that finished in the top 3.

2020 looks to be a tougher schedule for NE, but all the other results are based on actual results, not predicted finishes.

Sorry its another NE thread, but I had to look at it just to see if its really that unfair.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but since ‘14 when the west division was formed, Nebraska has had the toughest schedule of all seven team by strength of schedule and SRS.

I still say F Nebraska, but numbers don’t lie.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but since ‘14 when the west division was formed, Nebraska has had the toughest schedule of all seven team by strength of schedule and SRS.

I still say F Nebraska, but numbers don’t lie.
You are correct, but teams like Nebraska are always going to have tougher schedules because they can't play themselves.

They can, however, play with themselves!

When you are a bottom feeder, every year is tough,

When you constantly open your mouth and complain, things are even harder.

They need to shut up and pay their dues and realize they are in a real conference.

F nebby
Not defending Nebraska whatsoever. Their players, coaches, and fans are all insufferable douche bags.

But saying their schedules have been on the easier side relative to the rest of the division is false. Gut feelings are rarely if ever correct

Last edited:
They might have gotten tough schedules from the league, but they were all about that when they joined the league. They wanted the marque games to establish their domination of the league. They wanted the best, now they just want to go to a bowl.

Not defending Nebraska whatsoever. Their players, coaches, and fans are all insufferable douche bags.

But saying their schedules have been on the rapper side relative to the rest of the division is false. Gut feelings are rarely if ever correct
It's more than the players, fans and coaches. Their level of douchebaggery extends to the media and school administration as well, if not state government.

There are few, if any, sports programs in this U S of A who completely and unequivocally define obnoxious more than Nebraska athletics.

It's more than the players, fans and coaches. Their level of douchebaggery extends to the media and school administration as well, if not state government.

There are few, if any, sports programs in this U S of A who completely and unequivocally define obnoxious more than Nebraska athletics.

Mississippi State comes to mind. Maybe OU if they were closer. PSU took on new dimensions a few years back.

Miami is a good example of realism sinking in. Maybe Michigan after being intolerable.

But saying their schedules have been on the easier side relative to the rest of the division is false. Gut feelings are rarely if ever correct

I'm not say you are wrong, but it's not really much different from Iowa's. If one team plays the best team in the other division and another team plays the second best team, its not that different.

NE's crossover is Ohio State, Iowa's is PSU. To me, thats not much different. Both teams have been pretty close over the last ten years.

I have a gut feeling you are considerate, empathetic, and relatable.

There is no doubt in my mind Nebraska's schedule this year was a direct result of the stance they took and their threat to play football regardless of the B10 conference stance. Frost's news conference was insulting to a conference that is paying / providing a huge payout to the Bugeaters Athletic Dept. Listen...Nebraska isn't a major television market like Rutgers or Maryland...Nebraska is in the B10 because of their history (as much as it pains me to say that)...and the fact that more people will tune in when they are playing the B10 elite teams.

Now, if you keep winning 4 or 5 games every year. Nebraska's usefulness for the B10 is considerably diminished. Couple that with the fact that they have delusions about the power they wield...and the inevitable clash with the conference is only a matter of time. Keep losing Nebraska and keep whining about having to play your schedule. Sounds like an elite program attitude to me...not.

There is no doubt in my mind Nebraska's schedule this year was a direct result of the stance they took and their threat to play football regardless of the B10 conference stance.
See that's where people are missing facts...

The schedule they got wasn't made up after they got lippy, all the Big Ten teams are playing the same teams they were scheduled to pre-COVID minus one.

Nebraska still would have had to play OSU in Columbus; that wasn't a "screw you" from the league. One could argue that the league screwed Nebraska because it removed its easiest game (Rutgers) and put OSU first on the docket, but that's reaching a bit.

Nebraska didn't get hammered with a tough schedule as revenge, they had a tough one to begin with.

See that's where people are missing facts...

The schedule they got wasn't made up after they got lippy, all the Big Ten teams are playing the same teams they were scheduled to pre-COVID minus one.

Nebraska still would have had to play OSU in Columbus; that wasn't a "screw you" from the league. One could argue that the league screwed Nebraska because it removed its easiest game (Rutgers) and put OSU first on the docket, but that's reaching a bit.

Nebraska didn't get hammered with a tough schedule as revenge, they had a tough one to begin with.

My point in regard to how the B10 said FU to Nebraska based on their whining, was putting OSU, Wisconsin, NW, Penn State as the first four games. I honestly don't think they can win any of them and they will be the underdogs in all...maybe not NW, but the Fighting Fitzgeralds now have a solid Sr. QB...and they always play defense. The other fact is that all four of those first four games are against extremely physical football teams. By the time Nebraska lines up against NW in game 3...they are going to be beat to hell. Wisconsin is going to line it up and punish them.

Trust me...in this year of Covid...and the shortened prep time with stops and starts...you never really know what you are going to open with from a game ready perspective. You better be ready for the physical end of it. I just don't think Nebraska is ready on the DLine to stop any of those teams. I believe they have 3 new starters on the front four...and all are underclassmen. That's never good in the B10. In this league...if you can't stop the run...and you can't get pressure on the QB...gird your loins...there is an elephant dick coming your way.