NCAA Tourney Thread

t1-t4.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Back to the drawing board
Sufferin sucatash!

Not a charge.

Even Baylor isn't that quick.

Arkansas needs to make some damn free throws. Did they not watch Alabama last night?

Baylor was my pick all season...then COVID hit. It wasn’t a precautionary pause. Players had COVID.

They’re on the other side of it now...took a few weeks. I think they beat the Zags...if the Zags can beat USC (PAC12 has made me a believer) and Michigan (their play without Livers has made me a believer).

Side Note - Baylor -4.5 is way too low IMO.

Are we getting Wisconsin/Kentucky, UNLV/Duke? Is the behemoth finally getting challenged?

Baylor was my pick all season...then COVID hit. It wasn’t a precautionary pause. Players had COVID.

They’re on the other side of it now...took a few weeks. I think they beat the Zags...if the Zags can beat USC (PAC12 has made me a believer) and Michigan (their play without Livers has made me a believer).

Side Note - Baylor -4.5 is way too low IMO.
As I suggested...way too low at -4.5.

UCLA should have won it at the end of regulation
I have to think the player that charged makes that 12 foot pull up jumper 90% of the time. Why in the world would he put his head down and go charging to the basket...especially when officials tend to swallow whistles in those situations.

I have to think the player that charged makes that 12 foot pull up jumper 90% of the time. Why in the world would he put his head down and go charging to the basket...especially when officials tend to swallow whistles in those situations.
Obviously trying to draw the fifth foul on Timme. Unnecessary. Game-changer right there.

That was a fun game to watch. Although the Zags were uncharacteristically careless with the ball and left points on the floor with missed free throws.

So much speed on both teams, especially that little UCLA point guard from Cedar Rapids.

That was a truly epic game. Neither team ever had a significant lead. Game goes to OT and then that shot...wow.

Wow, just catching up on Gonzaga/UCLA! I shoulda watched, damn. I was pulling for UCLA to make it - 1 seed v 1 seed isn't my idea of fun, but at least they are not blue bloods!

Easy to second guess now...I do not understand why UCLA waited so late to get a hand in Suggs' face. He was allowed to get 10-15 feet past the mid-court line before anyone decided to "stop ball". Granted he was 34 feet away from the basket, but he got a pretty clean look.

Last edited:
Wow, just catching up on Gonzaga/UCLA! I shoulda watched, damn. I was pulling for UCLA to make it - 1 seed v 1 seed isn't my idea of fun, but at least they are not blue bloods!

I watched most of the Houston/Baylor game and seriously considered tapping out on Zaga/UCLA. Glad I did not do it. Really good, high level basketball that you could not walk away from. 2nd half Zaga would get up by 6-7 points on multiple occasions and you were waiting for them to go on a 12-2 run to end it and UCLA just kept hitting clutch shot, after clutch shot. UCLA never allowed them to run away with it. They matched them blow for blow.

Great game.

Last edited:
Timme was set

Juzang certainly should have stopped short

You Know.....

Probably the best college basketball I have ever watched

UCLA controlled the pace of the game and pushed the Zags
to the absolute limit

Suggs was the star of the game obviously because of TheMiracleThree

Also because of this sequence of events near the end of regulation

2:27
i
Jalen Suggs made Jumper.77 - 77
2:18
i
UCLA Timeout77 - 77
2:00
i
Cody Riley missed Dunk.77 - 77
i
Jalen Suggs Block.77 - 77
i
Jalen Suggs Defensive Rebound.77 - 77
1:54
i
Drew Timme made Dunk. Assisted by Jalen Suggs.

UCLA certainly seemed to be coached by the former Cincinnati coach
The play borderline thug basketball

They are certainly one of the three top teams in America and really fun to watch

Last edited:
Right there with the Duke Kentucky game where Laettner hits it at the buzzer.

Or one of the regional championship games from two years ago.

If you all recall the last time e we had a national championship game it went OT. Would not be shocked if tomorrow's does as well.

It remains to be seen how much last night took out of the zaga. Baylor nad a less stressful game by comparison.

Right there with the Duke Kentucky game where Laettner hits it at the buzzer.

Or one of the regional championship games from two years ago.

If you all recall the last time e we had a national championship game it went OT. Would not be shocked if tomorrow's does as well.

It remains to be seen how much last night took out of the zaga. Baylor nad a less stressful game by comparison.

That was a hell of a game

My son Andrew was born that day. I watched the game in the hospital

The game is mentioned in this LA Times analysis of last night's game:

Lotta folk think that was perhaps the best Final Four, if not the best basketball game ever played

I wasn't prepared for a second OT

Latest posts