NCAA Tourney Thread

Does Garza still get his against Baylor? I'm guessing probably. But, as far as the rest of the team......

What this title game goes to show though.....Iowa still has a long way to go.
He may, but it definitely would have been a struggle. Unfortunately, his defensive limitations would really be exposed against Baylor

Butler destroyed the Zags

It was more than Gonzaga being fatigued from the intense game Saturday Night

Rebounding was the main factor

Butler: 16 offensive rebounds and 38 overall

Gonzaga: 5 offensive rebounds and 22 overall

Zags: 5-17 from beyond the arc

Baylor: 10-23

Zags 14 TOs to 9 for Butler

Butler completely dominated Gonzaga

Butler Free Throws: 16-18

Gonzaga Free Throws: 15-21

Well, I don't want to rub it in, but I doubt there are any Gonzaga fans around here so...I'm kinda glad they lost. An undefeated season should be a really special things. With Gonzaga playing in a mid major conference and the season being shortened, I just think it would be a bit cheapened for me. Just my 2 cents.

Baylor beat 4 straight Kenpom top 20 teams to get to Zags...then beat the Zags. The Zags beat 2...USC & UCLA. SC did everything they could to help the Zags. But there was no way to put off Baylor any longer than they did.

I’m pretty sure (could be wrong) some Baylor guys were 1st rounders had they left last year. If the Zags want another shot then everybody come back. Zero chance of that... I suspect Timme will do nothing in the NBA...if he ever gets there.

Just a hunch, but put Gonzaga in the Big 12 or Big 10 and they probably not undefeated going into this game.

Just a hunch but if the Zags played in the BIG 10 they'd of bowed out early like the rest of the conference. While your right they wouldn't have gone undefeated, conference affiliation gets you no where in the tourney.

Every team has a long ways to go to be as good as Baylor was this year.

I thought Baylor's biggest concern during the tournament was their perimeter shooting. They couldn't hit anything the first few games. Once they got that in check it was smooth sailing. Damn good team and definitely Championship material.

I thought Baylor's biggest concern during the tournament was their perimeter shooting. They couldn't hit anything the first few games. Once they got that in check it was smooth sailing. Damn good team and definitely Championship material.
It's pretty nice that the complaints have turned to not being as good as the best teams tho. The complaints started out being we can't even make the NIT. Then they were we can't even make the tournament. Now they are we can't beat the best teams in the nation.

Well, I don't want to rub it in, but I doubt there are any Gonzaga fans around here so...I'm kinda glad they lost. An undefeated season should be a really special things. With Gonzaga playing in a mid major conference and the season being shortened, I just think it would be a bit cheapened for me. Just my 2 cents.
It would be like those old Boise St. football teams winning the National Championship.

Latest posts