NCAA Tournament Chances

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Guys, we have enough crappy opponents on the schedule to get at least 21 wins. Maybe add one more win in BTT and that should be enough to make the NCAAs. Am I right?

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

All of those games should be wins, right?

upload_2019-1-27_18-55-30.jpeg

LOL....I agree...there are enough game left to get in. As long as they don't pack it in and gear up for the NIT.

Guys, we have enough crappy opponents on the schedule to get at least 21 wins. Maybe add one more win in BTT and that should be enough to make the NCAAs. Am I right?

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

I don’t think they win at Indiana, but likely get one elsewhere.

A couple days ago, I posted that I expected 4-7 the last 11 games. Granted, that was my worst case scenario. Tonight went the way I expected. So I've got 4-6 the rest of the way.

That would be 20-11 (9-11). Unless I miss my guess, that puts us squarely on the bubble. Maybe needing a win or two in the BTT.

A game or two better than what I posted above wouldn't shock me, though, if Iowa can steal an extra win or two on the road above what I expect, or upset Maryland or Michigan. That said, they can't slip up against the remaining easier opponents, either.

Iowa is IN 100%. the key will be to win the games above and try and try and get one more quality win. It's about tournament seeding now.

A couple days ago, I posted that I expected 4-7 the last 11 games. Granted, that was my worst case scenario. Tonight went the way I expected. So I've got 4-6 the rest of the way.

That would be 20-11 (9-11). Unless I miss my guess, that puts us squarely on the bubble. Maybe needing a win or two in the BTT.

A game or two better than what I posted above wouldn't shock me, though, if Iowa can steal an extra win or two on the road above what I expect, or upset Maryland or Michigan. That said, they can't slip up against the remaining easier opponents, either.
Nah agreeing with the 4-7 to end the season? I'd say closer to 7-4

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

Iowa is 50/50 in my view, but I have some real concern that the end of the year Fran Death Spiral is engaging.

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

Definitely in. Chances at a 1 seed are slipping below 50%, though.

Wait, is this a men's or women's thread. I have trouble telling anymore.

Nah agreeing with the 4-7 to end the season? I'd say closer to 7-4

They dropped the first of the last 11. Now there's 10 left. To win 7 of those, the defense is going to have to be a lot better IMO.

Efforts like we saw the first half tonight won't cut it.

Last edited:
Dance or bust. I'd almost say round of 32 or bust, but need some decent seeding. There is enough talent. The defense tonight was bothersome, the mental mistakes almost moreso.

should be interesting to see their NET rankings tomorrow. At least Sparty and Minnesota should be Q1 losses....yay for silver linings

Iowa is IN 100%. the key will be to win the games above and try and try and get one more quality win. It's about tournament seeding now.

We will drop to a #7 seed in the next bracketology after 2 straight losses and probably a 3rd after playing Mich. next.
@ Ind is no gimme and a 4th straight loss will get the attention of the committee and likely drop us back to a #8 seed. Need to finish games. This one was, essentially, lost when we gave up 55 pts the first half.

They would easily be in the tournament if they selected it today. The question is will they be in it after they play another 10 B1G games.
You need to quit looking at the overall record because the committee is smarter than that now. What they do in conference and conference tourney will determine

Not sure anything can be counted as a likely win after last night. That was one of the easiest games left on our schedule.

Not sure anything can be counted as a likely win after last night. That was one of the easiest games left on our schedule.
Minnesota is now 5-4 and has a win at Wisconsin on their resume. They should have won at Michigan. We have games remaining against a host of 3-6 teams who been sliding the wrong direction. If we can't get some wins out of that bunch we truly deserve NIT or worse

Latest posts