CLEVELAND
Cuse Indiana St 20,164
CHARLOTTE
Georgia Wash 16,825
TULSA
Illinois UNLV14,353
CHICAGO
VCU G'Town17,369

The Attendance in Tucson has been a joke. Tulsa attendance has also been pretty bad.
TUCSON
KState Wisc 11,267
Temple SDSU 11,127
DENVER
Gonz BYU 19,328
D.C.
UCONN Cincy 18,684
TAMPA
UCLA Florida 17,771

Attendance is an embarassment at conference tournaments as well as the NCAA tournament. I was in KC while the Big 12 was there and attended a game and I would say it was 40%-50% full in the first round. We paid about $20 for $45 tickets via scalpers. 10th row lower level ticket for two games for $20!!

The issue for the NCAA's is to find a sponsoring school. In Des Moines, it would have to be Drake or ISU and they would have to push for it. Lot of work for their athletic dept. Other than the chance to see great basketball, it is really overrated for the impact on the community. I would recommend that if they ever play in KC or Minneapolis or close, to go see them, especially the later rounds.

Attendance is an embarassment at conference tournaments as well as the NCAA tournament. I was in KC while the Big 12 was there and attended a game and I would say it was 40%-50% full in the first round. We paid about $20 for $45 tickets via scalpers. 10th row lower level ticket for two games for $20!!

The issue for the NCAA's is to find a sponsoring school. In Des Moines, it would have to be Drake or ISU and they would have to push for it. Lot of work for their athletic dept. Other than the chance to see great basketball, it is really overrated for the impact on the community. I would recommend that if they ever play in KC or Minneapolis or close, to go see them, especially the later rounds.

I believe Drake was the host school for the Des Moines proposal in 2009. I noticed games in Chicago this year are hosted by the Big Ten, and not an individual school?

how many of the people pushing for dsm have been to the men's ncaa tournament?

I have been and it would be a nightmare for dsm. I lived in dsm for 3 years just a couple years ago and the city could not handle it.

how many of the people pushing for dsm have been to the men's ncaa tournament?

I have been and it would be a nightmare for dsm. I lived in dsm for 3 years just a couple years ago and the city could not handle it.

Give me a break. DSM can handle it. If they can handle the 80,000 tickets sold to the Wrestling Tournament every year they can handle this.

you are right... a state high school tournament that does not sellout during the week is comparable to an ncaa tournament that hosts 8 division 1 schools on a Thursday when 70k people working need to be down there. got forbid someone who has experienced this event and lived in des Moines is saying its a bad idea. but I will just admit I am wrong because the great Ih8st8 can't back up what he is suggesting.

Last edited:
you are right... a state high school tournament that does not sellout during the week is comparable to an ncaa tournament that hosts 8 division 1 schools on a Thursday when 70k people working need to be down there. got forbid someone who has experienced this event and lived in des Moines is saying its a bad idea. but I will just admit I am wrong because the great Ih8st8 can't back up what he is suggesting.

So you are all knowing because you have been to the tournament? 80,000 tickets to the HS wrestling tournament is very comparable in terms of crowds. Sure you can be a dick and act like there is no comparison whatsoever, but you are wrong. Also, get my handle right.

So you are all knowing because you have been to the tournament? 80,000 tickets to the HS wrestling tournament is very comparable in terms of crowds. Sure you can be a dick and act like there is no comparison whatsoever, but you are wrong. Also, get my handle right.

Selling 8 tickets to the same 10,000 hicks ain't the same as dealing with the city slickers who'll be rolling in for the NCAA tourney. Additionally, has anyone here ever stayed at the Marriott in Neck Moines? That place is filthy, they should be ashamed to call the thing a Marriott. It is substantially crappier on the inside than the Marriott in Detroit. I had to take Ma to my mom's house to shower bince she didn't want her bare feet touching any part of the floor in the Neck Moines Marriott.

Selling 8 tickets to the same 10,000 hicks ain't the same as dealing with the city slickers who'll be rolling in for the NCAA tourney. Additionally, has anyone here ever stayed at the Marriott in Neck Moines? That place is filthy, they should be ashamed to call the thing a Marriott. It is substantially crappier on the inside than the Marriott in Detroit. I had to take Ma to my mom's house to shower bince she didn't want her bare feet touching any part of the floor in the Neck Moines Marriott.

Marriotts are pretty filthy in general, im surprised you would sink so low O'Queef

Marriotts are pretty filthy in general, im surprised you would sink so low O'Queef

First off - you should get banned for this slander of Ken O'Keefe's name.

Second, it was during the hugely popular Neck Moines Marathon and it was the only place I could find downtown. If Neck Moines doesn't even have the space for a third tier marathon event, it's pretty hard to argue they could play host to the nation's premier tournament.

I don't understand why everybody is so bent out of shape for dsm to host a tourney. if you care that much there is a major venue no more than 4 hours away from any town in Iowa by car that has or will host. get your butt in a car and go.

I don't understand why everybody is so bent out of shape for dsm to host a tourney. if you care that much there is a major venue no more than 4 hours away from any town in Iowa by car that has or will host. get your butt in a car and go.

That's just it. DSM natives always having to get in a car and drive somewhere. Now the people in those cities have to come to us! It's a "why not us?" thing...515 Baby!

Also reading iSu is the host school...so if I'm not mistaken, means the Hawks can play at Wells Fargo in 2016.

Latest posts