NBA Playoffs

I still believe Lebron is the best to ever play the game.... but there is some doubt starting to come into my mind. The Spurs wininng would have been a slight suprise to me. The Spurs completely dominating... I'm shocked.

Maybe Lebron isn't as good as I thought??? Maybe Wade was a complete dud.

I'm not sure the exact answer.

In the end, the Spurs proved that a team can beat one man. DWade's knees are arthritic, and as one Miami beat writer said, he simply cannot play for a continuous 2+ weeks without a couple weeks off. As he said, if DWade had two weeks off between series, he would be a valuable player again, but NBA does not allow that, so DWade is never going to be able to flourish in the NBA Playoffs for 6-8 weeks, like they need. He looked horrible the last three games....the Spurs quickly realized that all they needed to do was stay in front of him, and not go for his pump fake...after that he had nothing left.

Lebron played 1300 more minutes this season than DWade, and 400 more than Bosh. That had to impact Lebron's abilities in this series. He needs help to limit his own minutes during the season...like Melo.

Leonard is a 22 yr old star to be. Duncan, Parker and Ginobli know that they have a great shot at a repeat in their last year of contract....they will come back, win again, and then Pop, Duncan and Ginobli will retire...and maybe Parker...after next season. That will allow them to tie the Bulls with 6 titles, behind only the Celts and Lakers.

Glad the Spurs won....just hope next year they are playing the Bulls in the Finals...against a healthy DRose, Noah, Love/Melo, Butler, and Stauskas? .....would be cool.

you made the comparison of lebron to 'bird, johnson and jordan'.........here is something interesting if you are going to compare these individuals:

Finals records

Jordan 6-0
Magic 5-4
Kobe 5-2
Duncan 5-1
Bird 3-2 (two losses come from somone else on this list)
LeBron 2-3

one of these things is not like the other -

meh, you can nitpick and find something not to like about everyone. I am glad to see Lebron finally becoming comfortable in his own skin so this type of criticism doesn't phase him anymore..... Peyton Manning is the poster boy for everything right in sports and he still gets criticized you just can't make everyone happy.

In the end, the Spurs proved that a team can beat one man. DWade's knees are arthritic, and as one Miami beat writer said, he simply cannot play for a continuous 2+ weeks without a couple weeks off. As he said, if DWade had two weeks off between series, he would be a valuable player again, but NBA does not allow that, so DWade is never going to be able to flourish in the NBA Playoffs for 6-8 weeks, like they need. He looked horrible the last three games....the Spurs quickly realized that all they needed to do was stay in front of him, and not go for his pump fake...after that he had nothing left.

Lebron played 1300 more minutes this season than DWade, and 400 more than Bosh. That had to impact Lebron's abilities in this series. He needs help to limit his own minutes during the season...like Melo.

Leonard is a 22 yr old star to be. Duncan, Parker and Ginobli know that they have a great shot at a repeat in their last year of contract....they will come back, win again, and then Pop, Duncan and Ginobli will retire...and maybe Parker...after next season. That will allow them to tie the Bulls with 6 titles, behind only the Celts and Lakers.

Glad the Spurs won....just hope next year they are playing the Bulls in the Finals...against a healthy DRose, Noah, Love/Melo, Butler, and Stauskas? .....would be cool.

If OKC can find a 3rd scorer or maybe slide westbrook to a 2 guard and bring in a 2nd tier pg......OKC maybe would have something to say about this. Rondo's game would fit perfect, but he is such a headcase and OKC doesn't have the money to pay him, so that is not going to happen.

ESPN had a poll last week the showed after the decision, LeBron James' popularity plummeted. Eventually, people came back to him except for white men, which is the lone demographic where he didn't regain his popularity.

Just bumping around the internet today, those results, at least anecdotally, appear to be true. I'm not saying people who don't like LeBron are racist, but some the animosity appears to be racially based.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If OKC can find a 3rd scorer or maybe slide westbrook to a 2 guard and bring in a 2nd tier pg......OKC maybe would have something to say about this. Rondo's game would fit perfect, but he is such a headcase and OKC doesn't have the money to pay him, so that is not going to happen.

You know who would be a great fit for that team, that Harden kid from Houston.

you made the comparison of lebron to 'bird, johnson and jordan'.........here is something interesting if you are going to compare these individuals:

Finals records

Jordan 6-0
Magic 5-4
Kobe 5-2
Duncan 5-1
Bird 3-2 (two losses come from somone else on this list)
LeBron 2-3

one of these things is not like the other -

Kobe - wasn't the best player on his team for over half his titles. Is that what it is?

meh, you can nitpick and find something not to like about everyone. I am glad to see Lebron finally becoming comfortable in his own skin so this type of criticism doesn't phase him anymore..... Peyton Manning is the poster boy for everything right in sports and he still gets criticized you just can't make everyone happy.

But that is the difference the losing criticism doesnt bother him. Do you think Jordan would have sat at the podium and talked about being happy going 2-2 in the last 4 finals? Lebron is better in almost every measurable basketball skill than Jordan, but his post game comments are why he will never be comparable. He wants to win like most great players do, but it was the hatred for losing that made Jordan Jordan.

As for manning, players will always get criticized when they are statistically greater than their wins.

Lebron is one of the greatest of all time. His problem is that he has shown over the course of his career that he quits at the end of games. 6 1/2 minutes to go and he exits the game and doesn't return? I know they were down 18 but come on. I can't imagine MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe leaving that early.

If it was the first time that this happened, no big deal, but it's happened a lot. He's too good not to go down fighting.

Lebron is one of the greatest of all time. His problem is that he has shown over the course of his career that he quits at the end of games. 6 1/2 minutes to go and he exits the game and doesn't return? I know they were down 18 but come on. I can't imagine MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe leaving that early.

If it was the first time that this happened, no big deal, but it's happened a lot. He's too good not to go down fighting.

Kobe has quit in multiple games. Game 6 against Boston in 2008, Game 7 in the first round against the Suns in 2006 are two that come to mind. He also threw up a 6/24 shooting performance in a Finals game 7 but was bailed out by Pau.

Kobe has quit in multiple games. Game 6 against Boston in 2008, Game 7 in the first round against the Suns in 2006 are two that come to mind. He also threw up a 6/24 shooting performance in a Finals game 7 but was bailed out by Pau.

Bailed out by Pau? Did you watch that game? Every Laker had a bad shooting night because the Celtics were awesome on D. Kobe, despite a poor shooting performance, stepped up in every other way that night, going for 23 points (game high, like I said, everyone had a bad shooting night) and 15 boards. He also scored 10 in the 4th to lead the Lakers back. I'm not sure how he was "bailed out".

Chalmers is a scrub. Guy would be lucky to get mins on most teams.

Beasley played for the first time in the championship series. Looks like he should have started every game. They said he was the second pick in the draft by the Heat in 2008.....

Really can't remember him playing in college at K-State....

There you have it.....

:cool:

I have never seen anyone play LaBron like Leonard, if fact he might be the best defensive player I have ever seen. Loved how he waved his hands in front of LaBron's eyes while keeping an eye on the basketball and putting his hand on it whenever LaBron moved it.....

Would love to see the Hawks adopt that technique.....

Beasley played for the first time in the championship series. Looks like he should have started every game. They said he was the second pick in the draft by the Heat in 2008.....

Really can't remember him playing in college at K-State....

Beasley is terrible on D, the Heat tried all year to get him to be a rotation guy and they just couldn't get it to work. He's a big miss free agent miss as the Heat really needed some more wing depth with the loss of Miller.

if la ron was the only black guy in the nba, or one of the few black guys, you might be on to something. but he isn't and you aren't. go thru an espn thread and you will see, maybe surprisingly, that there are more than a few black guys taking their shots at him.

You were not really paying attention to what I said. The facts are facts, and the fact is LeBron had a significant white fan base before he went to Miami, and now he doesn't. They why and how are the grey area, and while I don't think it is exclusively based on race, it would be naive to axiomatically assume race has no factor.

Beasley is terrible on D, the Heat tried all year to get him to be a rotation guy and they just couldn't get it to work. He's a big miss free agent miss as the Heat really needed some more wing depth with the loss of Miller.

Thanks for the info, I don't follow pro basketball until the championship series, sometimes during the playoffs.....

He wasn't in for long but scored. I couldn't ever remember him playing in college or pro before. They did miss Miller, Ray Allen helped but faded in the last game.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts