• Tigers

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tigers

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Is this a trick question?

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
$14 is $14
Again I hope you all enjoyed the season. A few more NFL games and the long wait begins.

Last edited:
I want one of those Clemson natty champs t shirts that are undoubtedly on the way to the nearest incinerator right now. Just for the collector's value.

This game was proof that they don’t need to expand the playoffs. The current system is crowning the best team in college football. I don’t need to see LSU and Clemson’s type teams kicking the crap out of 8-4/9-3 teams.

Iowa probably does not win, but I wonder if our D could hold LSU or Clemson to under 30?

Only if Iowa's offense had a great game moving the chains and eating clock. Even if Iowa didnt score a lot or score TDs they would need to have multiple 6-8 minute drives to keep the opponents offense from scoring.

This is why Iowa needs to get the running game going again avging about 4.5 yards per rush. If Ohio St runs the ball on first down against clemson in the red zone they win that game

And I have to say Joe Burrow does throw a great ball. Wow, whether he needs to put some speed on the ball in a tight window or do add some touch and arc to drop one in he was really spot on after the first two possessions which started inside the LSU 5.

And he was really accurate with those quick slants which some even really good QBs have on and off trouble doing.

Iowa probably does not win, but I wonder if our D could hold LSU or Clemson to under 30?

It would all come down to the pass rush. When we last played LSU, they had OBJ, Jarvis Landry and Jeremy Hill, but I think Mettenberger was hurt. We held them to 21. Of course, Greg Davis couldn't move the ball past the 50 and we lost, but it was only a 7 point deficit.

USC passed on Orgeron because the country-club set didn't like how he spoke/sounded.

Ooops.

Orgeron has lucked into an ungodly good, generational talent type of QB. This season does not prove he is a legend. LSU will fire him inside of 5 years if he dares to go 9-3 twice.

This was one of the most boring football games ever. The whole night was watching a good QB drop back and try to avoid a bunch of blitz packages. Then some good receivers caught a few passes. The run game for both teams was a QB scramble drill. No continuity, no real strategy, no basic run game, no clock management, no drama. Yawn. BTW, in the AP poll, Iowa should have traded places with yet another over rated Norte Dame.

This was one of the most boring football games ever. The whole night was watching a good QB drop back and try to avoid a bunch of blitz packages. Then some good receivers caught a few passes. The run game for both teams was a QB scramble drill. No continuity, no real strategy, no basic run game, no clock management, no drama. Yawn. BTW, in the AP poll, Iowa should have traded places with yet another over rated Norte Dame.
I though tit was entertaining up until the 4th Q and then Clemson just looked gassed.

so those two teams are at the ceiling. Umas is at the floor. How tall is the room and how high is Iowa up the wall.

Well OSU got robbed against Clemson, so what did you expect?
I didn't give two shits how this game turned out and then at the last minute I decided to place a small wager on it. You know why?
Because I heard "but in the playoffs Clemson played a much better team in OSU and beat them, then LSU did in Oklahoma." Which pissed me off all over again. I didn't have $ on the OSU Clemson game, but I was still pissed about it.
So why was it a boring game?
Because F them, that's why!
Clemson shouldn't have been there anyway.

Last edited: