National Championship thread

BHappelsArmy

As much as it bothers me, big Ohio State fan tonight and man, are they showing up for the B10 so far. Big, physical, and fast. So envious of this team and what they are doing to compete with a respected Oregon team.

OSU sure trying to give the game away right now fumble central just like FSU did...Oregon not stopping OSU, OSU stopping themselves....

Have to swallow hard and root for fOSU.

Edit: Go B1G.

I hear ya. Not a proud moment for me either. This Ohio D is really controlling the tempo and shutting this high power offense and Heisman winner down. If the offense could keep the ball of the ground, they'd have 21+ points to Oregon's 7. It's early but if this keeps up, nice exclamation point for the B10

I dislike both teams and couldn't care less who wins.
I thought the sugar bowl was the NCG, and it doesn't look like Oregon belongs on the field with OSU halfway through the 2nd quarter. Physically overmatched. OSU is really, really good. Big, strong and fast.
Glad the Hawks didn't paly them this year.

OSU might just do it again next year. Good lord are they loaded. That's a RS freshman qb in his 3rd start. Yikes.

Am I alone in saying that it is getting harder and harder each season to watch and enjoy games like this? It makes me almost violently ill realizing just how far Iowa is from this kind of talent level. We sat here all season long getting lost and hung up on QB talk, when in reality neither could start for a major contender....and the other 21 players couldn't make an "All MAC Conference" lineup. We act as if CJ would change Iowa's world, but in reality he may win us 7 games next year in lieu of 5 or 6....pfffffttt!!! Nothing against CJ, but we really have reverted to the word of cheering for token silver linings. BTW, I'm more than a little tired of people posting how we can NEVER be Ohio State....please remember that Iowa won more conference games in the 80's than any other Big 10 team....10 years is a pretty d*** good sample size to draw from. It CAN be done again...but not with Fullpantz in charge of things.

This game really makes you realize that Iowa is light years away from being even close to a top program in college football. 2002 the gap closed where you could see the top programs but now you would need a space telescope.

I'm actually enjoying watching an entertaining college football game with talented players and competent game plans that attack the opponent. Tonight I am all in, unashamed Buckeye for the sake of the B14.

This game is going to be incredible in the 2nd half.

This game really makes you realize that Iowa is light years away from being even close to a top program in college football. 2002 the gap closed where you could see the top programs but now you would need a space telescope.

Exactly. Even if Kfootball were already gone, Barta and Mason had already been replaced by COMPETENT and passionate professionals, and we had a respected coach and staff with great recruiting ties, we'd still be 3-4 year's away from a shot at a championship. While I agree it is possible for Iowa to recapture some sort of glory in the future, it is a very distant future.

Pretty good game. Should be a good second half. Fun to watch.

OSU representing the B1G pretty well (but to be honest, they are light years better than the rest of the B1G right now). Regardless, it helps perception.

Best of all, not an SEC team in sight or mentioned. :cool:

As much flack as the BIG has taken the past few years, rooting for the Ohio State is a must.

Latest posts