National Boycott the NFL

Police officers three times more likely to commit domestic violence than active NFL players

"Police departments are actually amazing at public relations. Each department often has its own communications director, some have full PR departments, and high-ranking officers interact with the local media more than any other profession in our country. This may explain how police officers are held up as the ethical and moral heroes of our country in spite of the reality that they have a rate of domestic violence 300 percent higher than NFL athletes.

A full 69 percent of Americans believe that the NFL has a widespread domestic violence problem, and 47 percent of Americans believe that NFL athletes should be permanently banned from the league for domestic violence.

The truth is, though, that NFL athletes actually have a domestic violence rate that is 45 percent lower than the national average. The athletes are just so popular and widely covered that it has given the nation a bit of a false impression.

Domestic violence is a problem in general, and NFL athletes are certainly part of that problem.

What isn't being told is that police officers have a higher domestic violence rate than any known profession in the country."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ast-300-higher-than-active-players-in-the-NFL

dammfinn- a couple of simple yes or no questions: do you believe that police brutality exists in some cases? How about police undue violence or overreach?

I’ll answer as well.

Yes
Yes

I personally find these things especially disturbing. Those charged with protecting us, are all too often abusing their power and being the criminals that they are charged to protect us from. I say throw the book at every bad cop out there, they are a stain and a blight on the vast majority of the good cops protecting us.

dammfinn- a couple of simple yes or no questions: do you believe that police brutality exists in some cases? How about police undue violence or overreach?
one would have to be blind and have their head buried in the sand to think that there is not a problem with "bad" cops.
There are over 800,000 law enforcement officers in this country. I have no idea why some decide to go bad, pressures of the job, corruption, a population that disrepects them all, tough thankless job, fear for their lives every day they put the uniform on, fear of being prosecuted for doing their job, dealing with crimes and people that would make most of us have nightmares, hell I don't know. All I know for sure is I wouldn't want their job for a million dollars a year, I've seen some pretty messed up people and shit in my day but I would never ever consider being a cop in a big city. I'm not making excuses or condoning them, I'm just saying its a pretty messed up profession to be in and I respect them and support them 100%. I just fail to see how disrespecting the flag and the Anthem is supposed to help your cause or bring forth any solutions or answers to the problem. If they think they have to take a kneel to protest then they should expect no support from me. Its disrespectful and classless.

I have no idea why some decide to go bad, a population that disrepects them all, tough thankless job, fear for their lives every day they put the uniform on, fear of being prosecuted for doing their job, dealing with crimes and people that would make most of us have nightmares, hell I don't know. All I know for sure is I wouldn't want their job for a million dollars a year, I've seen some pretty messed up people and shit in my day but I would never ever consider being a cop in a big city. I'm not making excuses or condoning them, I'm just saying its a pretty messed up profession to be in and I respect them and support them 100.

But you're not making excuses or condoning them... Lmfao yeah ok

5 Cops Back On the Job After Executing Unarmed Couple, Shooting them 137 Times for a Traffic Stop

"The city has since paid $3 million each to the families of Russell and Williams to settle a lawsuit.

Brelo, the ring-leading murderer, fired 49 rounds, including the last 15 after he jumped up on the hood of the car in a wild west fashion. In spite of this horrifying display of aggression, a judge acquitted him of manslaughter charges at trial."

In the eyes of the police union, six cops dumping 137 rounds into an unarmed couple is ‘fine’ work.

“Hopefully after further deliberations by both parties, this should be the end of this saga,” D’Angelo said. “Hopefully there will be no appeal and we can go forward.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-137-rounds-into-unarmed-couple-killing/amp/

But you're not making excuses or condoning them... Lmfao yeah ok

As opposed to you TK who is trying to paint of picture that every cop is corrupt. Judging a whole group/profession based on the action the bad actors isn't closed minded at all. I bet you think every Muslim is a terrorist as well.

As opposed to you TK who is trying to paint of picture that every cop is corrupt. Judging a whole group/profession based on the action the bad actors isn't closed minded at all. I bet you think every Muslim is a terrorist as well.
^^this guy and his dramatic assumptions^^

Good for the Texans' players. Their owner made a racially charged comment about inmates in association to his players. Blacks make up a higher ratio of inmates per capita and maybe a higher ratio of players on the owner's team per capita. You cogitate on that. And then the team and owner said he was using some basic cliche. yeah right, we know where the owner is really coming from.

FACT
In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.
In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness..
In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)
In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden...

Good for the Texans' players. Their owner made a racially charged comment about inmates in association to his players. Blacks make up a higher ratio of inmates per capita and maybe a higher ratio of players on the owner's team per capita. You cogitate on that. And then the team and owner said he was using some basic cliche. yeah right, we know where the owner is really coming from.
thats what makes this whole kneeling thing comical. First its to protest police brutality, then it was to protest against Trump, now its to protest a team owner . Holy shit, you want to protest against the guy that writes your paycheck? Then why don't you just not show up for the game. Might be a little more convincing dont you think?

thats what makes this whole kneeling thing comical. First its to protest police brutality, then it was to protest against Trump, now its to protest a team owner . Holy shit, you want to protest against the guy that writes your paycheck? Then why don't you just not show up for the game. Might be a little more convincing dont you think?

Haha, your reply is absurd. This kneeling has never been a protest against Trump which just goes to show you must be all about the 'white leaders'. Trump acted like a 5-year old like usual when he called the players SOB's and said they should be fired. The NFL 'rules' posted online only say players "should" stand for the Anthem so Trump was way way way off base as usual sticking his nose into this subject which he didnt know the facts about. The owner is a moron and worse.

Haha, your reply is absurd. This kneeling has never been a protest against Trump which just goes to show you must be all about the 'white leaders'. Trump acted like a 5-year old like usual when he called the players SOB's and said they should be fired. The NFL 'rules' posted online only say players "should" stand for the Anthem so Trump was way way way off base as usual sticking his nose into this subject which he didnt know the facts about. The owner is a moron and worse.
Ummm... yeah it was

not sure what your point is

Now news of high school officials in New Jersey walking off the field and refusing to officiate after a few high school players kneeled during the anthem. Wait a second, these officials are going to protest by walking off and making it hard to impossible for the teams to play with fans in the stands. The players have the right to kneel but they stayed to play, these players are not going out there kneeling then walking off the field as a further protest.

And guess what the State athletic association suspended the refs for the rest of the season. Good. Walking off the job is way worse than kneeling in protest.

Who knew putting a knee on the ground could trigger so many snowflakes?

Snowflakes are football fans being offended by a coach using profanity. Snowflakes are protesters who hide behind free speech, and then seek to shout down opposing views by calling them racists.

Latest posts