National Boycott the NFL

Duke

A national boycott of the NFL is set for Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

As a veteran exposed to Agent range during the Vietnam War, I have had three cancer operations due to that exposure. There should be ZERO disrespect of the American flag or the National Anthem. Please read the following that I received from one of my veteran friends:

An open letter to all NFL players.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds while carrying a football.

Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonald's for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you.

Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training. You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.

Your best friend was assigned to the 101stAirborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19-year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.
You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football.

Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat-tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.
You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name.

For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like-minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

The National boycott of the NFL is Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

DKle_Lps_XUAEyf7z.jpg

Yes, this is what I get infuriated at. I guess the flag means a little more to me than it does to you.

The ability to protest the government is probably the main thing that makes this country amazing and worth fighting for.

Frankly I find it hypocritical that a veteran who fought to uphold the US constitution would be infuriated by fellow US citizens executing the rights that the US constitution grants them. But hey to each their own

Only in American will people tell you that you shouldn't get offended by something, and then if you do get offended by it, they are in turn offended that you are offended.

#GodBlessAmerica

Its just hilarious (to me) that people had no problem with the NFL when Ray Rice knocked out a woman in an elevator or when Adrian Peterson beat his 4 year old son in the crotch repeatedly with a stick, or when Aaron Hernandez murdered a bunch of people, or when players suffering from CTE die early or lose their memories or hurt others, or all the drug use, or all the HGH use. Or when the NFL intentionally sabotaged concussion research denying the connection between concussions and football. Or when millionaire NFL owners threaten to move a franchise to a different city if the citizens refuse to subsidize the brand new stadium that the owners make money off of.

Its basically saying you're cool with child abuse, domestic violence and all that other stuff I listed....but you drew the line when a very small segment of NFL players peacefully drew attention to a cause they felt was important to them. I just find it...really really really weird

Its just hilarious (to me) that people had no problem with the NFL when Ray Rice knocked out a woman in an elevator or when Adrian Peterson beat his 4 year old son in the crotch repeatedly with a stick, or when Aaron Hernandez murdered a bunch of people, or when players suffering from CTE die early or lose their memories or hurt others, or all the drug use, or all the HGH use. Or when the NFL intentionally sabotaged concussion research denying the connection between concussions and football. Or when millionaire NFL owners threaten to move a franchise to a different city if the citizens refuse to subsidize the brand new stadium that the owners make money off of.

Its basically saying you're cool with child abuse, domestic violence and all that other stuff I listed....but you drew the line when a very small segment of NFL players peacefully drew attention to a cause they felt was important to them. I just find it...really really really weird

Wrong. Ive been done with the NFL for a long time. Outside of the Super Bowl I can't remember the last NFL game I've watched.

Oh, and let me add, if the Hawks decided to do this, it wouldn't drive me away from watching them and spending money on them. While I don't agree with the way they are protesting, I agree with the point they are trying to make.

Last edited:
The ability to protest the government is probably the main thing that makes this country amazing and worth fighting for.

Frankly I find it hypocritical that a veteran who fought to uphold the US constitution would be infuriated by fellow US citizens executing the rights that the US constitution grants them. But hey to each their own
its not hypocritical at all, as a veteran I fully support their right to protest , in fact I encourage it. Just don't do it during the Anthem. Do it before the Anthem, do it at half time, hell do it during the kickoff, I don't care. When I see them take a knee it has the appearance of disrespect for our great flag and country. It shows a complete lack of respect for every person that ever wore a service uniform, to me its like a slap in the face. Maybe I've seen 1 to many kids come home in a flag covered casket to ever accept anyone protesting or burning our flag, but hey, to each his own right.

its not hypocritical at all, as a veteran I fully support their right to protest , in fact I encourage it. Just don't do it during the Anthem. Do it before the Anthem, do it at half time, hell do it during the kickoff, I don't care. When I see them take a knee it has the appearance of disrespect for our great flag and country. It shows a complete lack of respect for every person that ever wore a service uniform, to me its like a slap in the face. Maybe I've seen 1 to many kids come home in a flag covered casket to ever accept anyone protesting or burning our flag, but hey, to each his own right.
I agree there is a time and place for everything during the anthem is not it unless you disrespect this country.

Sounds like you should be infuriated with the people creating war, instead of someone placing his knee on the ground. #priorities

Every sporting event I attend I see fans in the stands on their cell phones during the anthem. Drinking beer during the anthem. Not removing their hats during the anthem. hell probably 75% of the people attending the super bowl are recording the celebrity singing the anthem on their cell phone instead of standing at attention and saluting the flag.

Where's all your outrage towards the millions of fans who "disrespect our great flag and country" every year? Where was your outrage when Kid Rock cut a hole in the middle of the flag and then wore it like a poncho? Why are you just isolating your rage towards the 5% of NFL players kneeling during the anthem?

I just don't get the outrage in one direction (NFL players) and then the disinterest in the hundreds of other areas that do the exact same thing

Every sporting event I attend I see fans in the stands on their cell phones during the anthem. Drinking beer during the anthem. Not removing their hats during the anthem. hell probably 75% of the people attending the super bowl are recording the celebrity singing the anthem on their cell phone instead of standing at attention and saluting the flag.

Where's all your outrage towards the millions of fans who "disrespect our great flag and country" every year? Where was your outrage when Kid Rock cut a hole in the middle of the flag and then wore it like a poncho? Why are you just isolating your rage towards the 5% of NFL players kneeling during the anthem?

I just don't get the outrage in one direction (NFL players) and then the disinterest in the hundreds of other areas that do the exact same thing
your right, everyone who disrepects the Anthem and the flag is the same boat as far as Im concerned. As far as isolating my rage towards the NFL players only, you couldn't be more wrong. Don't try to judge my actions or what I feel by one post, because you have no clue.

There are so many other ways the players could protest, that they don't have to do it in a disrespectful manner to our flag and anthem. Wrong venue.

There are many opportunities to be interviewed on television where they could state exactly what their grievances are.

Latest posts